New seat - options

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest2368

New seat - options

Post by guest2368 »

Has anyone changed out the standard riders seat out on their RTLC?
I noticed that after a 300 mile day at the weekend my backside was decidedly numb when I got off the bike.  The rest of my body was fine, no aches and pains or sore muscles....just an numb bum!
So who is using an aftermarket seat on their LC, what do you like, what do you not like, what's the pros and cons?

John
guest2360

Re: New seat - options

Post by guest2360 »

Never seen any aftermarket seat but I'v just done 2200 miles in 9 days with the low seat fitted. Hopefully I'll be walking normally in a couple more days. 
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

Just ordered the new Sargent saddles, they look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

bunny2585 wrote: Just ordered the new Sargent saddles, they look amazing.

I will be interested in any feedback you have once you have a few miles on the new Sargent....
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

Just been told they will be here mid July . I will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
Steveeung

Post by Steveeung »

RT LE, San Marino Blue, Cee Bailey Screen, Nav IV, Hornig horn, Aux Lights, Michelin Pilot Road 4GT, Crud Deflector, Fender Ext
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Steveeung wrote: https://www.day-long.com/gallery/bmw/ Worth a look?

I plan to do the RDL thing this Winter, finances permitting.  I'm hoping they can keep the total height change down to a minimum.
hwdesign

Post by hwdesign »

Has anyone here had Seth Lamn do up a seat for your RT? 

http://laamseats.com

He did a seat for my Triumph Explore and it was amazing.  I'm considering sending him my RT seat to work his magic.

Happy Holidays.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I'm considering getting Seth to do mine.  RDL has assured me that they can't accommodate me and keep the height workable for me, so I'll have to look elsewhere.
hwdesign

Post by hwdesign »

I really liked the seat that he did for me on the Triumph and my son loved the passenger seat.

mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I don't love the chevron pattern he tends to use.  Design wise, I don't like the angles with the curved shape of the seat.  I might see if he can replicate the pattern that Rick Mayer used to use.  The one of his I sat on in a shop was nice looking in the basketweave, and was very comfortable.  Too bad his business practices didn't cut it.
Attachments
rmayer.jpg
hwdesign

Post by hwdesign »

I totally agree.  The curved lines would be better with the shape of the seat.  If you ask Seth, please let me know if you get Seth to make that change for you.
mbro

Post by mbro »

Those are all good options, however I opted to go with a seat pad - landed on an airhawk II.  If you're going on short jaunts, you don't really need it, its easy to unmount (straps under the seat),but completely eliminates numb-bum on those 500+ km days.  Saves my bacon!
snidy

Post by snidy »

I put a Russell day long seat on mine, It was not cheap by any stretch but it was worth every penny. The shipping of your old seat and the shipping of the new seat back would probably kill you from Scottland.
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I use an Airhawk as well, I sit on the standard seat before lunch the change to the Airhawk after, it's like a new bum, I imagine.