Using Tyre with Nav V

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
BMjoe64

Using Tyre with Nav V

Post by BMjoe64 »

Just putting final touches to routes for 10 day trip to France/Switzerland and Italy, using Tyre waypoint software which I have used before with TomTom and have used with Nav V OK for 250 plus mile rides in UK.

Loading up the trip routes onto the Nav 5 is no problem and I feel confident that it is going to work OK, but am unable to fully test the routes on the Nav's map Screen. Have got avoidances sussed (some routes include a bit of toll. others totally non toll) and can switch map theme to France, etc. But at best all I get is the route outline with straight lines between the waypoints (have set Shortest route) as there are plenty of waypoints.

I am assuming that as I am not at the start point of the Tyre created itinerary, the route to the final destination for the day will not load up, or is loading very slowly as it is trying to load up from my home location in UK.

I have loaded up some test routes manually in trip planner (start address + destination+ route name X avoidances) and they look fine, so I am convinced that when I get up on day 1 in France, import the days route, click the final destination...hey presto, its all good to go and I just follow the red (or is it purple?) line. I hasten to add that I will be where that days route starts when I do this.

Tel me I am correct somebody, please, and I will stop trying to cure what is an obvious issue.
Last edited by BMjoe64 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Re: Using Tyre with Nav V

Post by guest2360 »

I would suggest you turn off the satellites, scroll to where your first route start and set the Nav to that point.  Then try loading your routes.
I assume the routes you have loaded are showing in your trip planner which are checkable if you click Map.
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Have just tried a route in UK which I already have on the Nav V and which started about 100 miles away from my Home location, and it does not fully display on map (just has straight lines between waypoints so I am satisfied that my self diagnosis is correct, but my head hurts now. All caused by trip meeting earlier at which my friends new TOMTOM showed the overseas Tyre routes perfectly well on map, even though we were in Oxford and not Cambrai.
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

RTman10 wrote: I would suggest you turn off the satellites, scroll to where your first route start and set the Nav to that point.  Then try loading your routes.
I assume the routes you have loaded are showing in your trip planner which are checkable if you click Map.
Thanks, will try that logical process, sure it will be fine.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just to check you don't a software problem do a route from where you are to a loaded waypoint.  See if it loads properly.