Testride my new RT on gravel road

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
STeinar

Testride my new RT on gravel road

Post by STeinar »

Had a nice weekend and had the possibility to test ride the RT on a lot of different roads and conditions  ;)

But, need some help  :blank:

Using Garmin Virb on the bike, and playing the videos on the mac - it looks clear and grate.
The format is MPEG-4  1280 x 720 H.264, AAC

What ever I'm trying - it always ending up in 360p in a terrible quality when trying upload to YouTube ?

Anyone out there that could share the secret how to upload to YouTube in better quality ?

https://youtu.be/4is0E7n4FaY

This is an unedited version (tried 4 different formats) - and the video quality is bad.
Especially when the recording is done in HD and 60fps format

Edited:
Aha - now I got a new message from YouTube telling that the video now is "ready" for sharing - and now the video is tagged HD and in 720 format.
Better - but still not really good - compared to the original

Last edited by STeinar on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencert231

Re: Testride my new RT on gravel road

Post by Spencert231 »

:ninja:  Why would you knowingly take an RT on that terrain, yeah on it if you was lost, but surely not for fun. What tyres are using and did you have panniers on? You must either be a Jedi Knight or a Norge Ninja. I hope you didn't mess it up.
STeinar

Re: Testride my new RT on gravel road

Post by STeinar »

Spencert231 wrote: :ninja:  Why would you knowingly take an RT on that terrain, yeah on it if you was lost, but surely not for fun. What tyres are using and did you have panniers on? You must either be a Jedi Knight or a Norge Ninja. I hope you didn't mess it up.
The tires is normal Metzeler’s Roadtec Z8 Interact, that was on the bike when I got it.
And yes , the panniers was on - and partly loaded, but no top box.

Found the traction was best with ESA at soft and one up.
The bike was handling this kind of roads surprisingly well.

And I think everyone should practice riding on all kind of roads. Makes you a better and safer rider.
Not starting to do strange things if the roads conditions is changing and surprises you.
But - you should also know that I have been a whole year round rider in Norway for many years - and
winter riding up here have worse road condition that this gravel road
;D