Comfort accessories...?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ventura

Comfort accessories...?

Post by Ventura »

Hello ,
I just joined, even though I don't own this bike , yet.... But was thinking to buy it for a while...
I wonder if it is possible at all to attach Highway Pegs ( to engine guards) driver back rest, and handle bar risers.
Also would like to hear from riders their honest opinion regarding this machine (2015)
Thank you.
Ventura

Re: Comfort accessories...?

Post by Ventura »

Just found out that Corbin makes a great seat combo....that's answer my first question .
Is it possible to attach Highway Pegs to the  original crush bars ?
Also saw a member that install risers....  :)
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi Ventura welcome to The Forum you will not regret making a decision to purchase the RTLC it's a great bike, expensive, nevertheless a great bike. The answers you are looking for maybe in the Accessories on the home page scroll down and you will find Accessories. I just did a quick google search and depending on where you live would depend on the after market manufacturer you choose. But from memory the guys over the water (good ol US of A) use them as I have heard them mentioned on one of the forum threads.
Best of luck
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

I believe that you can obtain all of the accessories you are looking at but - firstly I would ask why you would want to?  In terms of comfort the bike will be fine as it arrives from the factory.  An incredible amount of research has gone into making this a comfortable long distance machine.  (But maybe not as much research went into the ESA suspension  :alas:)

My other thought would be are you buying the right bike?  All these accessories are more typical of another, well known American motorcycle brand.   
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

MeM62 I think there are many of our cousins over the water do a lot of straight line riding hence the reason for a bit more comfort. That's not all of them just the ones who are on highways most of the time, my guess.
Ventura

Post by Ventura »

Thank you.
I have been using those accessories for years on long trips on my Yamaha Venture....I am concern of having my old lower extremities cramping from being bend too long.... But you are right, I could adjust... :shirty: , but I must have my music... :whistle:
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Spencert231 wrote: MeM62 I think there are many of our cousins over the water do a lot of straight line riding hence the reason for a bit more comfort. That's not all of them just the ones who are on highways most of the time, my guess.
I have lived there and there are an incredible amount of extremely straight highways.  In fact, it is easy to understand the Harley thing when you have spent time in the US.  (Even though cruisers aren't my thing they are perfect for a lot of US roads) 

Ventura - I have arthritis in both knees from years of playing Rugby (If you do no know this game think American football played by guys man enough to not need padding and helmets! LOL) and have no problem spending all day on the RT.  A bit of a stretch at coffee or fuel breaks and you'll be fine.   
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

MeM62 nice to have a fellow rugby player on the forum.  I am not sure if you are aware but America does have a national team (Eagles) and doing really well if i do say so myself (Welshman proper rugby). Mind you all of my club rugby was played in England, never mind LOL. Joking aside i had a great time loved every minute of it.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Ventura, welcome to the Forum, enjoy..... 8)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Spencert231 wrote: MeM62 nice to have a fellow rugby player on the forum.  I am not sure if you are aware but America does have a national team (Eagles) and doing really well if i do say so myself (Welshman proper rugby). Mind you all of my club rugby was played in England, never mind LOL. Joking aside i had a great time loved every minute of it.
Not only do they have a team but would you believe that the USA are the reigning Olympic champions!!
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Mem62 you had me going for a while then. I was thinking I had missed the rugby in the last Olympics  :))  1924. I would not think for one minute they would have taken on the might of the world AB and won, maybe one day but not yet.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Spencert231 wrote: Mem62 you had me going for a while then. I was thinking I had missed the rugby in the last Olympics  :))  1924. I would not think for one minute they would have taken on the might of the world AB and won, maybe one day but not yet.
It is an amusing fact though isn't it? 
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

MeM I am the amusing facts man of the Cherente. My kids and friends say if they are ever on Who Wants to be a Millionaire I would be the friend to call for obscure and useless information. Yes, that was good to know, cheers.