No Audio…..

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Ventura

No Audio…..

Post by Ventura »

I just found out from the dealer that they have one bike left , there is no Audio and no speakers…I was under the impression that it does,,,,need to order - but too late now…My question is : What are my options to have an external speakers and system to listen to music from iPhone.. Is it possible at all?? Or is it a waste - since you can't hear anything anyway…. :(
guest2360

Re: No Audio…..

Post by guest2360 »

Mine does not have audio. I have had it in the past but for the huge extra cost its just as easy to load your GPS with music.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Mine does not have audio. I have had it in the past but for the huge extra cost its just as easy to load your GPS with music.

Mine does have audio.  If I was starting again I would DEFINITELY buy one without it...
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Why do you say that Richard?
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

BMjoe64 wrote: Why do you say that Richard?

Because:
1. It's the presence of the audio that screws up all the bluetooth connectivity to non-BMW kit.
2.  The speakers are a total waste of time (and space).
3.  £1,500 is a lot of money just to listen to the radio - especially when it means you have to buy a £600 BMW helmet too!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If I may elaborate a little.  Having had it and probably would think twice about paying out for it again, its not all bad news and there are some distinct advantages to it.  Firstly you can connect many things to it, including memory sticks and the sound quality is superb
I agree the speaker are of no used except to annoy your neighboured when your parked in your drive.
The BMW Bluetooth system I hate, but wire the unit into something like an Autocom and it all works great. 
Both you and your pillion hear everything, music, radio, GPS and each other and you have full control of the volume for everything with the wheel. You never have power or pairing problem's and you can use any make of helmet you want.      .   
Last edited by guest2360 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: If I may elaborate a little.  Having had it and probably would think twice about paying out for it again, its not all bad news and there are some distinct advantages to it.  Firstly you can connect many things to it, including memory sticks and the sound quality is superb
I agree the speaker are of no used except to annoy your neighboured when your parked in your drive.
The BMW Bluetooth system I hate, but wire the unit into something like an Autocom and it all works great. 
Both you and your pillion hear everything, music, radio, GPS and each other and you have full control of the volume for everything with the wheel. You never have power or pairing problem's and you can use any make of helmet you want.      . 

Can't disagree with RTMan's perspective - everything he says is true.  Interestingly though, I have both options for connection.  I wired my Autocom in AND I bought a System6 EVO with the BMW bluetooth. 

More often than not I use the EVO and the bluetooth.  It's a stupidly expensive system (and very unfair because of the way they almost blackmail you into buying it) but I find it flawless.  To be honest, I think it works better than the Autocom for simple stuff like listening to music and GPS.  Where it falls down for me is if you want to connect 2-way radios.  RTMan also says Autocom is WAY better if you want intercom with a pillion.  I don't need that so have no opinion.

So, on balance, I still think £1,000+ is a lot of money to listen to the radio...