General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Manofleisur

Post by Manofleisur »

Just found this forum, well happy as I have just purchased an 07 reg R1200RT. First BMW having been a 70s biker growing up on Hondas then a couple of Italian bikes. I am looking forward to some relaxed touring with my partner, once my clutch has been replaced as on the test ride neither myself or the shop, who I must say we're well miffed, as because of the condition of the bike only did a short run around congested roads.
Less than 18,000 miles on the clock and the slipping clutch only showed up once you hit 4000 rpm but better it was found now than a couple of months down the road. I am told being sorted today so if all goes to plan will be back on the road by Friday. I am from Berkshire which has some nice roads to get the hang of the bike on it's return.

stelyn

Re: New member

Post by stelyn »

Hi Manofleisur, welcome,  enjoy your `new toy' and the Forum...... 8)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I know the area well had an Army mate who lived there back when Pontius was a Pilot. I lived in Pirbright for many many years, all the usual haunts, Woking, Aldershot, Reading. I agree totally some very nice roads I actually remember the A30 being a good road, 'Aye them were days'.  Even though I'm a Welshman I'm allowed to use those phrases married to a Yorkshire lass.
Manofleisur

Post by Manofleisur »

Thanks will enjoy especially as just had phone call this afternoon to say bike was ready for collection. Only issue I was in London so will be picking it up in the morning after a new clutch install. Happy days !!!  :)
Manofleisur

Post by Manofleisur »

So new clutch fitted including gearbox seal, what a revelation from stiff gear change to silky smooth. From High Wycombe I rode straight to Barnstormer's of Maidenhead to book the bike in for the 3 outstanding recalls, plus ordered  set of Michelin pilot 4 gt tyres, as I have a suspicion the Bridgestone Battlax BT-021 on the bike are at least 5 years old. So just the tyres to pay for and will have a great bike in 3 weeks time. Chose the Michelin's having trawled this forum, Barnstormer's also spoke highly of them.
Very happy to have found this forum.