Got it today

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Zebedee

Got it today

Post by Zebedee »

Picked up the ( new to me ) bike today and it's everything and more I was looking for. Came home the long way, only a 200 mile detour and was cackling like a crazy man Inside my helmet. How does a bike this size handle so well? One question, there is an autocom active plus system wired in to the bike. How can I check it's working without spending the money on headsets first?
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Got it today

Post by richardbd »

Zebedee wrote: One question, there is an autocom active plus system wired in to the bike. How can I check it's working without spending the money on headsets first?

borrow a helmet with a headset from a mate!

:alas: :alas:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Active Plus is quite an old model. Richard is right, borrow a headset before shelling out £40+ for one.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Zebedee wrote:One question, there is an autocom active plus system wired in to the bike. How can I check it's working without spending the money on headsets first?
Autocom Dealers usually have display/test rigs in store with headsets which can be removed from the stands & plugged into your bike.

Both Infinity Motorcycles & Barrie Robson BMW in York were able to help me to test/diagnose my Autocom/Sat. Nav. equipment with their portable Autocom headsets.

Last edited by David. on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.