New BMW forum

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
STeinar

New BMW forum

Post by STeinar »

Hello all!

I’m working on a new BMW portal - like this one, but including a separate section for every BMW model etc.

It’s in it’s wherry beginning, but would like some of you that has a interest in developing  a new site to join me in the effort of making the ultimate BMW forum :-)

Mostly to discuss different ways to do things, and make it user-friendly.

The intention is to integrate all the users and posts from this forum (and the k6 forum) into the new one - and nothing will be lost !

Are you interested - send me a PM and i will give you the needed instructions.

STeinar
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: New BMW forum

Post by richardbd »

STeinar wrote: Hello all!

I’m working on a new BMW portal - like this one, but including a separate section for every BMW model etc.

It’s in it’s wherry beginning, but would like some of you that has a interest in developing  a new site to join me in the effort of making the ultimate BMW forum :-)

Mostly to discuss different ways to do things, and make it user-friendly.

The intention is to integrate all the users and posts from this forum (and the k6 forum) into the new one - and nothing will be lost !

Are you interested - send me a PM and i will give you the needed instructions.

STeinar

Not so sure how well this would go STeinar.  Here in the UK we already have UKGSer, which covers all BMWs, not just the GS.  I bet many of the UK members on here are already UKGSer subsribers too - I know of several for sure.

For me, the benefit of this forum is that it's RT specific.  The other one already gives me what I need on other models.

I suspect it's the same in the US too, with BMWMOA.

Just my opinion of course, so don't let me put you off...
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

richardbd wrote: Not so sure how well this would go STeinar.  Here in the UK we already have UKGSer, which covers all BMWs, not just the GS.  I bet many of the UK members on here are already UKGSer subsribers too - I know of several for sure.
For me, the benefit of this forum is that it's RT specific.  The other one already gives me what I need on other models.
I suspect it's the same in the US too, with BMWMOA.

Just my opinion of course, so don't let me put you off..
I have been thinking on the same thing, but I have received a few (not many) request for a board for other models - and that's why I was starting the thinking.

Another thing is that I have received quite few notes that they like the fact that there is no ads etc - and I would like to keep it that way.

But - sure this is interesting - as if no one are going to use it - then there is no need for it !

More comment's - from others ??

jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

STeinar.  I agree with richardbd in that I like that this forum is RT specific.  I am also a member of UKGSER.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would also like things to stay as they are.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

jjwill wrote: STeinar.  I agree with richardbd in that I like that this forum is RT specific.  I am also a member of UKGSER.

My idea ...

The forum would be as it is today - only difference for you would be to access the r1200rt forum the URL would be  r1200rt.my-mc.com  or my-mc.com/r1200rt/
For the K1600 the URL would be my-mc.com/k6gt/ my-mc.com/k6gtl/  etc

The URL www.1200rt.com as today - would take you straight into the r1200rt forum - http://my-mc.com/r1200rt/  - where everything would be as today.

More or less only difference would be that some of the generic topics would be accessible from every sub forum, and there would be a pull-down button on the top - where you could select another sub-forum.

Registered users would have access to any sub-forums

and so on ...

BTW - this forum will have to be upgraded within 3-6 month's anyway into the new version 2.1 - of security and stability reasons - and I was thinking on doing the subtopics at the same time.

But - if no-one seems to like the idea - there is no reason for me to make any changes.  ;)

I can if needed make complete different sites as for the RT and K1600 - if and when needed - as requested for by users.
(This would add to the maintenance, but not so it's impossible :-) )

Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Must admit I like the forum the way it is, clean and simple. I love the KISS principle. The only thing that gets me sometimes is I reply to a bike specific topic but not sure what model the OP is taking about. If the member puts his bike information in his personal info you can tell from that but otherwise its not alway clear.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

+1 on this forum
+1 on all of the above comments from members