Only BMW Communication System for BT?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
mercator1

Only BMW Communication System for BT?

Post by mercator1 »

I know only the BMW helmet system FULLY integrates with the RT audio, but I wasn't thinking I needed all that.  I have a new Zumo 660, so I didn't want to spring for the Nav V on this new bike.  I know that it, and my Android phone, will pair with the Sena SMH10 helmet kit, and I just want the bike's audio sound to pair with it also.  When I try to pair, it come up "No devices found", so I guess I'm out of luck?

Just pairing the phone and GPS with the helmet, and cutting the speakers down manually isn't a huge deal, but I don't get why anyone would design a system where the A2DP wouldn't allow it to pair.

Am I out of luck, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
guest2360

Re: Only BMW Communication System for BT?

Post by guest2360 »

It should pair with the bike.  Would suggest you make sure the Sena is unconnected from your phone and the 660 then try again.  Try both Helmet 1 and Helmet 2 settings in the Alpine unit.  Lot easier though just to install a wired system.  No pairing, no batteries, genuine stereo, no hassle.   
mercator1

Re: Only BMW Communication System for BT?

Post by mercator1 »

Thanks, you were right.  I had forgotten when buttom to put the Sena SMH10 in discovery mode, and so the BMW audio wan't find it properly.  Works gret now.  I can listten to SiriuxSM from the bike, then get interruptions for phone calls or GPS directions.  It seems liked the wonderwheel was controlling my Sensa volume, but then I started getting a message that "speakers were of".