Light recommendation?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
mercator1

Light recommendation?

Post by mercator1 »

Tomorrow all the accessories for my new RT should get delivered (VStream, Wunderlich bars, Ilium highway pegs, sport boards and bar back, fender extension and stubby antenna).  The only main things I'll have left have to do with visibility.  I'm leaning towards the Denali DM Micro driving lights, since I like the small footprint.  I think they'll mount on the forks nicely. 

Anyone have experience with them?  I'd also like recommendations for LED tail lights.  My brother was following me, and really thought the visibility from the rear was lacking.
Last edited by mercator1 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest3074

Re: Light recommendation?

Post by guest3074 »

mercator1 wrote: I'd also like recommendations for LED tail lights.  My brother was following me, and really thought the visibility from the rear was lacking.
/index.php/topic,1578.0.html

I used the Skene P3 which been american you should be able to get easily, if you look on their website they give detailed wiring instructions on how to fit but for the ground and brake light trigger I connected into the spare wiring for the topbox as I don't have the central locking option etc fitted to mine.

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/R1200RT.shtml
Last edited by guest3074 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

P3 lights are the best, done over a dozen installs, all riders have been satisfied with results
RT install simple just follow Jerrys instructions
Jim
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Yeah, the Skene is what I had been looking at. They certainly don't go to any great effort to make them attractive, but I guess it's the functionality that really matters.  Do any of you that ride with other guys hear complaints when they are following for a long distance?  Looks like that conspicuity flicker would get annoying if you had it in front of you for a couple of hours on a ride.
T6pilot

Post by T6pilot »

During the programming of P3 lights, flicker can be disabled, I've done that on all my installs
Only reason I have done so many bikes is my buddies that ride behind me, realize the safety value of aux lights
Yes P3's are all about function and not beauty
Jim
Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

I have those each side of my number plate (after a bit of adjustment)

I have the glint mode on but have turned the brake flash off.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Ch00 wrote: I have those each side of my number plate (after a bit of adjustment)

I have the glint mode on but have turned the brake flash off.
That's where I had them on my 2010 RT and I had both those modes turned off  ;)
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Thanks for the info. The 4 fast and 4 slow followed by solid seems like a nice feature. I assume the various modes are fairly easy to cycle through, no?
Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

When you turn the ignition on you have a few seconds to change the settings on the brake light. Just squeeze the brake lever the right number of times.
T6pilot

Post by T6pilot »

I've found programming to be easier, by using the 14 and up RT method. Turn ingition on and using a jumper from battery touch brake wire to hot lead the correct number of times to program what you desire
Jim