WERKS Quiet Ride Windshield

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: WERKS Quiet Ride Windshield

Post by richardbd »

Wind buffeting and noise are the things that bug me most about any bike - especially a tourer.

BEfore the RTLC I had a Multistrada S Touring.  The OEM screen was useless.  I switched it for a CalSci import (which I'd also had on my Stelvio).  Combined with a set of winglets imported from Australia, it was amazing.  I could ride very progressively with visor up in near silence.

I found the OEM screnn on the RT a bit disappointing.  Height was ok but I found in the winter I got cold upper-arms and shoulders.

I swapped for the BMW comfort screen.  It's no taller but it is wider.  For me it's the perfect combination.  I never look through it for normal vision, always over it.  In winter I'm much warmer; in summer I just lower it for more air.

Recommended...

ps I'm 5'11 and 7/8"; 32" inside leg

Troppo

Post by Troppo »

Hello all

I have tried the BMW touring screen and a CalSci model.

Both were too noisy.  Went back to the stocker.

Bought a Quiet Ride about 2 weeks ago.

Fantastic.  Very quiet, and you can ride with your visor up at 100 km/hr.

Highly recommended.

smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

I ride all year round & was getting a lot of buffeting from the stock screen specislly around the helmet . I chsnged to a Wunderlich screen in January & it's great. I can now ride with my flip up helmet open at speeds in excess of 80mph with no buffeting whatsoever.
I'm 6'2" & my Sargent seat is on the higher setting.

Cheers

Miles
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
moonie

Post by moonie »

Doesn't anyone on this forum own a smartphone? You do realize that if you don't post a picture....it didn't happen! :eggs:
The day my ship comes in, I'll probably be at the airport.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

My quite ride 24in has been on my 15 RT two months. 100% improvement over stock
I was convinced to change after a 400 mile ride in heavy rain
Werks hasn't been subjected to that yet, does a great job of reducing wind and noise and the buffeting stock shield had
Jim
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

moonie wrote: Doesn't anyone on this forum own a smartphone? You do realize that if you don't post a picture....it didn't happen! :eggs:

Moonie you are going to have to run that by me again or am I missing something? :-\  Maybe there's an hidden message there somewhere?
moonie

Post by moonie »

Spencert231 wrote:
Moonie you are going to have to run that by me again or am I missing something? :-\  Maybe there's an hidden message there somewhere?
Well, i am new here so maybe i should be quiet and respectful...BUT...I have been visiting here since I purchased my RT a few months ago trying to pick up helpful tips on service and accessories and such.

I have noticed that unlike other forums i belong to , mainly Cycling, there is a noticeable lack of pictures!

In fact a few people have actually mentioned they have it installed on their bike right now and love it.

I see several 3,4,5 page threads without a single PHOTO of what it is they are talking about.

SO my point is, a picture is worth a 1000 words. So how about less words and more pictures!

PLEASE?  ;)
Last edited by moonie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Gotcha Moonie yeah I agree with the 'picture tells a thousand words' that must be true as Bread sang a song about it  :)) . The problem with uploading pictures on this site is it seems to be a problem in itself and that maybe the reason people rarely post pictures. I have several times failed so I have given up on it now, best of luck convincing others  ;)
moonie

Post by moonie »

Spencert231 wrote: Gotcha Moonie yeah I agree with the 'picture tells a thousand words' that must be true as Bread sang a song about it  :) ) . The problem with uploading pictures on this site is it seems to be a problem in itself and that maybe the reason people rarely post pictures. I have several times failed so I have given up on it now, best of luck convincing others  ;)
HMMM, all i did was hit the browse bar  under attach at the bottom and select the folder i had the picture in and then hit post.  :silence: Its actually one of the easier sites i Have ever posted on. Usually on a majority of the boards i belong to  I have to upload the photo to photobucket first and then copy the URL and add it to a special folder on the site server. Now thats a difficult process!
Attachments
20151020_151517.jpg
Last edited by moonie on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I shall try again at some point if you say it's that easy. Last time I tried pics arrived on their side and others had probs also. I will try again soon. Cheers
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

WERKS is now offering a 22" as well as a 28" height Quiet Ride windshield in addition to the 24" and 26" they initially offered. Tinted versions available in all sizes. Tinted 26" below.
Attachments
DSC01884.jpg
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

I just installed a 24" quiet ride tinted windshield on my 2016RT and it is night and day above stock. The bike is now a lot more fun to ride without the wind noise and buffering. I also hear the radio a lot better and look over the windshield instead of thru it.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

I agree with Yellow Jacket. I have just bought the 24 inch Werks.    I am 6.1 with a 33inch inside leg. The Werks screen is superior, particularly in terms of keeping rain/wind off my arms and shoulders. In my view worthwhile purchase.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Did anyone go from the VStream on a 2014+ RT to the Quiet Ride?  Interested in a comparison.  The RTW model of the VStream doesn't give me the protection the pre-'14 model did.
Nardowell

Post by Nardowell »

Thanks for all the input.  I bought a new RT just before the weather got cold and I have not been able to ride it.  However, I will most likely get a different windshield after reading so many posts.

The idea of more pictures is great.  This site has less pictures than most other ones I am on.
For me, this site is the hardest one to add pictures to.  However, I will get the hang of it and put some on if it seems appropriate.  If you do not see a picture in this post, it means I don't have the hang of it yet.  If there is one, it is the CB windshield on my R1200R.
Attachments
IMG_0067.jpg
Peace