General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

New member from Derbyshire

Post by k9doc »

Hello all. Just acquired my third RT. 11 plate, private sale with 6500 miles on the clock in midnight blue(the best colour of course). All well so far except a dodgy fuel gauge which only registers sensibly after about 70 miles. Previous to that it stays at 226 or some such. Mods to date are lowered rider's pegs, headlight protector(expensive unit) and footbrake pedal enlarger.
Would love to meet up with anyone in the NE Derbyshire area for a rideout and being retired can fortunately ride almost any time.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: New member from Derbyshire

Post by David. »

Welcome, I'm also on my third RT, the latest being a 12 Plate in Midnight Blue, purchased a year ago from Allan Jeffries with 3,000 miles on the clock at the time.

Have family & friends in South Yorkshire & Derby areas, whereabouts in NE Derbyshire are you.

Being retired is the best job I've ever had, can pick an choose when to ride out.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Thanks for the welcome Dayglo. You're not wrong about retirement and had a good run out today in the Peak District in beautiful sunshine. Would have been a shame to miss it for work. I live slightly south of Chesterfield not far from the Yorkshire border.
Chris
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hello k9doc, and welcome to the forum. Re Derbyshire - not handy for me I'm afraid, as I'm based in the Bristol area.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Thanks Steve. Have a couple of boating mates not too far away in Trowbridge and Bradford on Avon. They talk funny down there don't they.Image
Last edited by k9doc on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

k9doc wrote: Thanks Steve. Have a couple of boating mates not too far away in Trowbridge and Bradford on Avon. They talk funny down there don't they.Image
Well ah, yer tiz! Brizzle is girt lush......not so sure about the accent though...!! Wiltshire hogs eh? Yes, both those towns aren't far from Brizzle as you say.