UK Police new Rts

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
User avatar
elephant8869
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by elephant8869 »

Great to hear the feedback, particularly as you use the RTPs to their full potential. I ride a watercooled RTP blood bike in Somerset but as you know we don't have most of the exceptions that you have including speed exemptions. I find the RTPs suspension very harsh compared to my own ESA bike which is much more plush.  I believe the RTPs can be ordered with the quick shifters and a few more extras - the manual seems to suggest so. Thanks again for the feedback
Cleverbee
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 am

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by Cleverbee »

Road or Rain, no Dynamic, but damn good to ride, still prefer my own though😀
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
User avatar
elephant8869
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by elephant8869 »

I agree [emoji3]
User avatar
elephant8869
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by elephant8869 »

Only one thing I would add is that BMW should really look at offering slim top loading panniers for the RT which attach to the existing mounts rather than the RTPs which mount onto a steel crash frame. The only reason the RTP has all the crash bars is to allow police riders to drop a bike when a quick dismount to pursue someone is required. I'm sure 'city panniers' would sell well
Cleverbee
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 am

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by Cleverbee »

elephant8869 wrote: Only one thing I would add is that BMW should really look at offering slim top loading panniers for the RT which attach to the existing mounts rather than the RTPs which mount onto a steel crash frame. The only reason the RTP has all the crash bars is to allow police riders to drop a bike when a quick dismount to pursue someone is required. I'm sure 'city panniers' would sell well
Erm, that's a new one on me......  Don't believe that my Inspector would be too chuffed if I dropped the bike for that purpose.  :not speak:
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
User avatar
elephant8869
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by elephant8869 »

Cleverbee wrote: Erm, that's a new one on me......  Don't believe that my Inspector would be too chuffed if I dropped the bike for that purpose.  :not speak:
I think it was intended to be in exceptional circumstances rather than the norm [emoji3]. I think I read it in a review when the RT police bikes first came out. I haven't tried it myself but it does look like the front and rear bars completely protect the bike when it's laid on its side... Maybe try it when your inspector has a day off [emoji16]
Cleverbee
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 am

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by Cleverbee »

Think I'll give it a miss if you don't mind.  Anyhow, the Police are asking, they won't go to any luxuries like gear shift assist😞
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
User avatar
David.
Subscriber
Posts: 8038
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by David. »

Image
1983: York's new BMW police motorbike
Last edited by David. on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleverbee
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 am

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by Cleverbee »

OMG, all that stainless to polish on a Sunday morning..... Half the Force budget would be spent on Autosol !
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
User avatar
richardbd
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by richardbd »

Cleverbee wrote: OMG, all that stainless to polish on a Sunday morning..... Half the Force budget would be spent on Autosol !

RTMan would be happy to do it - underneath too...
Casbar
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: UK Police new Rts

Post by Casbar »

richardbd wrote:
RTMan would be happy to do it - underneath too...

:whistle:
Post Reply