First 2016 RT arrives in South Florida

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
BackAtIt53

First 2016 RT arrives in South Florida

Post by BackAtIt53 »

The waiting is finally over. Picked up my new RT last Saturday after having to wait a week for the dealership to install the aftermarket bits. The "Platinum Bronze Metallic" is a very interesting color, as it looks Champaign in direct sunlight, but takes on a silver grey patina in the shade. So far everything except the turn signal auto shut off seems to be working well. Shift assist upshifting from 2nd to 3rd comes with a "thunk". It's smooth as glass the rest of the way up AND all the way down. I'm hoping the thunk will disappear before the first service.
I have to thank all of you who have answered my questions and provided procurement information. You have turned me on to some great aftermarket sources. I look like a "Power Ranger" riding a glow stick with a horn like a freight train. Love it!
Stay safe All,
Jono
Attachments
From I Phone 6 286.jpg
From I Phone 6 287.jpg
From I Phone 6 284.jpg
From I Phone 6 283.jpg
From I Phone 6 282.jpg
Oh the places we will go
Spencert231

Re: First 2016 RT arrives in South Florida

Post by Spencert231 »

Nice looking bike on the last picture is that light reflecting off paintwork?
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Spencert231 wrote: Nice looking bike on the last picture is that light reflecting off paintwork?
Looks to me like reflective decals have been added  ;)

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/indexc2 ... Id=1283030
jackhd

Post by jackhd »

What kind or make of crash bars do you have installed? Cool
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Careful with that front break BackAtIt53 :clap:
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

There are 2 separate sets of "Tail Brights" on the back of the bike. 1 set for the panniers and 1 for the top box. Both are normally a mid gloss black except reflect white back at any light source. The fairing decals are also retroreflective and come from GS Stickerman
The bars I ordered from the dealer before the bike arrived. I believe they are Wunderlich.
And yes the front brake is awesome, but then any brake is better than my 73 Bonny's.
Oh the places we will go
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

Update on the crash bars. I was way off, the label was on the inside of the left valve cover protector.
They are KRAUSER bars. Sorry to have misled you.
Had my first commute in one of our South Florida downpours. Set in rain mode, threw on the rain gear and off I went. Roughly 3 miles of local roads and 30 of highway. The Pilot Road 4's are quite confidence inspiring. I now have put 534 miles on her in the 2 weeks since new. Loving every minute.  Only wish the seat was 1/2" lower, and then only at full stop.
Stay safe...
Oh the places we will go
Firenailer

Post by Firenailer »

Wow, that's a lot of reflective tape. Have you had any negative experiences with drivers? I'd think that much glare might actually annoy folks driving behind you.
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

HI Firenailer,
My philosophy is simple when it comes to being seen.
You can never be seen early enough. If I look like a comet ablaze from 5 miles down the road, Awesome! Stay the hell away from me.
If someone is that close to my rear end at night and the light bouncing back is too bright for them, hopefully they will back off, otherwise one of us better move over.
Haven't had a complaint yet.

Stay safe,
Jono
Oh the places we will go