A shout for a new dealer on the block....Lloyd Motorcycles of Carlisle

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Mark05RT

A shout for a new dealer on the block....Lloyd Motorcycles of Carlisle

Post by Mark05RT »

Went almost two hundred miles to the North-West as they had the right RT after a national search.

Found them really helpful and they've just done a major service for me ..... and transformed the bike!

Thanks to Steve the Motorrad Manager.

They're also having a new building dedicated to BMW which should be up and running by spring 2016. The plans look brilliant!

No bear tokens or discounts were offered or accepted for this post.... Just my honest opinion from a positive experience!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010
Spencert231

Re: A shout for a new dealer on the block....Lloyd Motorcycles of Carlisle

Post by Spencert231 »

Always good when you find s good dealership and you feel they are trying to give you their best. However 200 miles is a long way you will be reaching your service schedule in no time. Having said that I travelled from Saxmundam in Suffolk to Destination Triumph in Washington, Sussex for a service because they knew the bike and I trusted the mechanics. I still miss my Tiger wish I could have kept two bikes, but I digress. What's the name of the dealership and where is it?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You not awake yet.  Lloyds Motorcycles Carlisle
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: You not awake yet.  Lloyds Motorcycles Carlisle
:)) I was was laying in bed actually, sorry didn't see it in the title, oh well hopefully it will make more alert for the rest of the day.
Mark05RT

Post by Mark05RT »

Spencert231 wrote: Always good when you find s good dealership and you feel they are trying to give you their best. However 200 miles is a long way you will be reaching your service schedule in no time. Having said that I travelled from Saxmundam in Suffolk to Destination Triumph in Washington, Sussex for a service because they knew the bike and I trusted the mechanics. I still miss my Tiger wish I could have kept two bikes, but I digress. What's the name of the dealership and where is it?

200 miles IS a long way.....but on an RT? Eats the miles in comfort with fuel to spare! A 400 mile day is a walk in the park and even better over some delightful north Yorks roads.... Would never have contemplated that on my previous Triumph Sprint GT....felt crippled after 150 miles. That bike has gone!

PS... The 920 mile run in one day from the south of France a couple of years ago was a long ride! Not made out of choice but necessity with a family member quite poorly in hospital. That was on a GS with much done at 150kph+ on the other side of the water. Ride time was 13hours including fuel/food stops! My daughter was pillion and was a gem!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010