Loving My R1200RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
2010-R1200RT

Loving My R1200RT

Post by 2010-R1200RT »

Hi everyone :-)    Just put in a new battery. I've been putting on the miles since i bought the bike used on sep,                              24th of this year.  Over 1500 miles already. With every passing mile I fall in love with the bike                            more and more. I can't believe i'm riding in november. Awesome bike :-) :D :D :D
Happy Riding :-) H.T
Firenailer

Re: Loving My R1200RT

Post by Firenailer »

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, they're fine bikes and with the heated seat, grips and wind protection from the fairing you'll be surprised at how much you'll be riding even in winter as long as the roads are clear.
moonie

Post by moonie »

I too Love my RT! Ive only had it for 2 months and it is a 2012, but yesterday I finally got a chance to take it out and put about 200 miles on it. My friend who owns and HD and I just zig zagged all around mid Michigan on a sunny and 63 degree November day and just had a blast. On a lonely country back road I had a chance to pound it through the first 3 gears without worry of cars or driveways and man ...THIS THING IS QUICK!
I had no idea....they say the 1600 can warp time! Well I sure bent the SH*T out it! I hit 90 before I got into 4th gear!
with that being said, I did not like riding with the small top box on. Made the bike feel squirrely in the cross winds and a little top heavy when turning.
I'm kind of sad I have to put it away soon. Now I know I'm moving south when I retire!
Attachments
20151115_114113-1.jpg
The day my ship comes in, I'll probably be at the airport.
Firenailer

Post by Firenailer »

Good looking '12 you've got yourself!

I took a 355 mile ride up into the mountains here in NY today just because it was 62 degrees. The glare is rough this time of year but still...what a great November day to ride!
crawfordjohn

Post by crawfordjohn »

You guys are making me jealous!. Here I am with the new bike and freezing rain, wind and wet leaves all over the back roads. Have decided to put it away till spring. Bonnie it may but the winters are a bugger here in Scotland.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

crawfordjohn wrote: You guys are making me jealous!. Here I am with the new bike and freezing rain, wind and wet leaves all over the back roads. Have decided to put it away till spring. Bonnie it may but the winters are a bugger here in Scotland.

Heated clothing is your friend...
moonie

Post by moonie »

This was just 3 days ago....I don't think heated clothing would help :be happy: Doesn't it look sad, sitting on a trailer under the cover :(
Attachments
Snow.jpg
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

moonie wrote: This was just 3 days ago....I don't think heated clothing would help :be happy: Doesn't it look sad, sitting on a trailer under the cover :(
I will probably be banish from site
80 degrees in Huntington Beach
Today
All this in late November is amazing
Jim
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

T6pilot wrote: I will probably be banish from site
80 degrees in Huntington Beach
Today
All this in late November is amazing

Raining so hard here all day I couldn't get out to check the temperature. Yep your banned.
moonie

Post by moonie »

Crowd running through streets carrying BMW motorcycle effigy chanting "OFF WITH HIS CAMHEAD"!
:be happy:
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

moonie wrote: This was just 3 days ago....I don't think heated clothing would help

True - it worked for me on Monday though...

Attachments
IMG_3106.jpg
Sid47

Post by Sid47 »

Sell everything while the Aussie dollar is low, freight your bike Down Under and move to 'God's Country' (Queensland - 'beautiful one day, perfect the next') and you'll ride every day of the year. Crazy bike roads and a State 3 times the size of Texas to roam in.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

5C here with the wind strengthening and dull.  Don't you sometimes hate the colonials. 
moonie

Post by moonie »

Sid47 wrote: Sell everything while the Aussie dollar is low, freight your bike Down Under and move to 'God's Country' (Queensland - 'beautiful one day, perfect the next') and you'll ride every day of the year. Crazy bike roads and a State 3 times the size of Texas to roam in.
I've wanted to do that most of my adult life! If a certain unnamed candidate gets elected president, Can you provide me with a spare room for a few months? Image )