2014- Switch of headlight and Auxiliary after switching on the ignition

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
guest3091

Re: 2014- Switch of headlight and Auxiliary after switching on the ignition

Post by guest3091 »

Admin wrote: 2014- Switch of headlight and Auxiliary after switching on the ignition, but before starting the engine ::

Just press and hold for a few seconds the turn light cancel button

Tried this on my '14 and it did not work.
guest3091

Post by guest3091 »

Seems like that trick doesn't work on US models. Our government doesn't want us making our own decisions.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Just tried this on a 2016 RtLE and it does not turn the lights off. Track day organisers say no front lights so the ability to switch off the lights would be useful, if you want to track day the bike.
I am doing a track day soon, is there a software solution to turn off headlight and daytime riding LED rings? If not, I'll use tape.
Last edited by Vince Prince on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rossyuk39
Bike Model and Year: RT 2015
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by Rossyuk39 »

On models upto 2010 you can press the indicator cancel paddle for 5 seconds then the right indicator paddle for 5 seconds and the dipped beam lamps would turn off, either with the engine running or not (ignition obviously has to be energised). I sometimes turned dipped beam off in low sunlight or depending what I could be contrasting behind me..... a quick flick of the "pass" or main beam would put the dipped beams back on  :alas:

Hope this helps......

Rossy
Keep on the grey bits .....Rossy