SW-MOTECH EVO Tank Bag Video

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
ppalac

SW-MOTECH EVO Tank Bag Video

Post by ppalac »

Just published a video of some of my experiences with the SW-MOTECH QUICKLOCK EVO tank bags here:  https://youtu.be/YdZ1XjMjhVA.

Hope some folks find it useful.
Pinto

Re: SW-MOTECH EVO Tank Bag Video

Post by Pinto »

I just mounted the EVO City bag on my RT.  I followed the directions to the letter and was disappointed to find that the center line of the bag was off relative to the center line of the bike.  The locking mechanism (that clips to the tank ring) fits into the grove in the bottom of the bag quite tightly.  There is little room to mount this mechanism rotationally off center, yet it appears to have happened.  I had to use shims between the locking mechanism and the bag to bring it into alignment.  A bit disappointing.
ppalac

Re: SW-MOTECH EVO Tank Bag Video

Post by ppalac »

Pinto wrote: I just mounted the EVO City bag on my RT.  I followed the directions to the letter and was disappointed to find that the center line of the bag was off relative to the center line of the bike.  The locking mechanism (that clips to the tank ring) fits into the grove in the bottom of the bag quite tightly.  There is little room to mount this mechanism rotationally off center, yet it appears to have happened.  I had to use shims between the locking mechanism and the bag to bring it into alignment.  A bit disappointing.

I'm sad to hear that.  The three bags I have (Sport, Day, Engage) appear to all be OK and centered.  Depending on your patience level, I'd consider sending a shoutout to SW-MOTECH or your vendor.