Delivery delay, anyone else?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Cleverbee

Delivery delay, anyone else?

Post by Cleverbee »

Has anyone got an RT on order that hasn't arrived?  Mine was due 30th October, UK dealer says its in Germany fully assembled but the factory are not shipping any RT's out......
Even BMW UK headquarters can't tell me, one idea was that they are modifying them all to 2016 new spec..?

Confused and frustrated :beee:
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Delivery delay, anyone else?

Post by Steve F »

No, I'm not in that position but I can imagine how frustrating it is. However, is the dealer looking to provide any goodwill gesture assuming that your bike was 'promised' to you for the 30 Oct...?? Just a thought.....
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

I ordered the RT at the end of September, full spec LE, all whistles and bells apart from the radio.  10 days later after re-assessing my finances, I rang the dealer to see if they could add the radio, I was told it was too late as the RT would already be ordered kit wise and be in production.  I then asked if they could order the radio and fit it on delivery to them - only to be told I didn't want to do that as it wouldn't cost the £1035 as brochure, it would be £2400 to be retrofitted !!!
Not being one to admit defeat easily, I contacted BMW Motorad Consumer Services as I believed it could be done without being ripped off - result = 'No can do, sorry.'

After being buggered about with the delay, an email to the CEO BMW UK soon upset the hornets nest, they can't tell me when it will be coming, but they have offered to supply the radio at brochure price and between BMW UK and the dealers, they are splitting the £1365 cost of fitting.......  However, I wonder if my RT has been built at all and just being fobbed off.

I read a thread somewhere that you can trace your order number, or is that just in the USA?

I've got a garage of add-ons to fit to a bike I can't get - Aaaaaaggghhh  >:(
step2534

Post by step2534 »

To be honest I think £1365 to fit a radio seems to be a bit excesssive
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

That's what the dealer said, BMW, could it possibly stand for Blag More Wonga !!!    :(
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Still no response from BMW, still no bike, no eta for delivery, just speculation on a possible 2016 upgrade for ALL RT's.  Would like to know if anyone else has one on order and actually supplied recently.....

I'm not holding my breath.  :(
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

I have finally got a response, its leaving Berlin today and should be ready for collection at the end of next week!!!!!
step2534

Post by step2534 »

That's excellent, I hope its been worth the hassle and that the radio is good.

Enjoy and I hope the weather gets better for you I think it might snow up here at weekend. Ah well that's Winter
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Thanks Step, end of the month and I should have it, then the grand job of the paint protection, nautilus horn, engine/pannier bars, etc.etc.etc.
Snow should have melted by then or else permafrost!
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

I looked at the brochure for the blue RT, and used the UK configurator, the brochure shows grey engine and drive shaft, the configurator picture shows the engine in black.

Anybody seen a new one in black engine config?
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

I'll let you know when mine arrives....

Got news that it arrived from Berlin to the dealers and should be ready for the weekend - one snag....  Can't fir the radio as there are no wiring looms available, forecast in Berlin is Christmas Eve - they say they are trying to 'steal' one off the production line and to fit radio on next service.....

Really, you couldn't write the script !!!
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Cleverbee wrote: I'll let you know when mine arrives....

Got news that it arrived from Berlin to the dealers and should be ready for the weekend - one snag....  Can't fir the radio as there are no wiring looms available, forecast in Berlin is Christmas Eve - they say they are trying to 'steal' one off the production line and to fit radio on next service.....

Really, you couldn't write the script !!!
That's good to hear, but what is the dealer going to do in the way of recompense for the inconvenience, delay, etc, etc ?? ???
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Well since the bike is a month past the estimated delivery AND that I added a radio 10 days after the order, they have waived the fitting fees for the radio, split 50/50 between BMW and the dealer (over £1000).

Nice touch, but still being a frustrating time in what one expected from such a marque.
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Yes, good to see some flexibility from the dealer on your issue. Any possibility on a dealer contribution to the first 600 mile service cost......maybe? Or maybe not !
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Well I was going to collect my steed today, however the weather has somewhat curtailed it, didn't fancy riding back across the Humber Bridge with 35 MPH winds and gusts up to 60 MPH  :eek:

Every cloud has a silver lining though, rain forecast for my next 3 rest days and dealer rang up today advising not to collect due to the gales, so is delivering it to me tomorrow, saves me 70 mile round trip !!!