Spot lights - Wunderlich

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Spot lights - Wunderlich

Post by 7vwh »

Spent a few hours this afternoon fitting a pair of spotlights and very pleased with how they look on the bike (although I am yet to try them out on the road!)

ImageSpot lights - WunderlichSpot lights - Wunderlich

I got them from NN (No affiliation)

http://www.nippynormans.com/products/r1200rt-lc-2014-on/item/wunderlich-spotlight-set-black-r1200rt-lc-2014-on-wun-32890-101
BMjoe64

Re: Spot lights - Wunderlich

Post by BMjoe64 »

Looking great, riding back from NEC Bike show on sunday night made me think I need some of these.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

How long did they take to fit?  Does all the plastic need to come off or was it just easier to remove it.
Is the bike in the house .?
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

The bike is in the house! :silence:  just to work on. She lives in a shed but my courtyard is gravel based so easier to ride her in through the front door into the hall and work away.

The nearside/left side fairing panel has to come off, the offside fairing panel, knee panel (to expose the battery etc.), right glove box, right speaker, right air box cover panel and radiator cooler panel too (I took more off than the instructions suggested just so i could see more tbh) . It took me about 3 hours but i'm a bit OCD so it took ages to route the wiring through the bike to my satisfaction (plus the destructions are shite in that respect so you have to make it up really!).
If anyone installs this kit, tighten up all the bolts on the lights because you cannot access them once fitted! I found they did move with a little pressure for adjusting the aim later.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Thanks for the info
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I have a couple of small driving lights with TechMounts, and I'd like to install them myself, but I'm a little worried about removing the plastic. Mine will mount on the engine bars, so I'm guessing I'd only need to take off the right side panel, battery cover and seats.  I would have to route the switch up to the handlebars, and I have an air horn and fuseblock that need wiring also.  My lack of confidence is telling me I might ought to have the dealer do it all.