HELP problem with the multimedia Navigator5

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
leolou

HELP problem with the multimedia Navigator5

Post by leolou »

I have a BMW RT1200 2015 and use Garmin 5 (for GPS, music...)
After the accurate updating everyth. is ok, I paired Garmin5 with my iphone6 and Cardo1
Then I try Garmin 5 via Cardo1 & bluetooth
> the GPS is working
> navigation info is working
> telephone is working
> musique is working (SD Card)
All looks perfect yet... when I install the Garmin5 on its support on the bike, everyth. keeps on working well , the music is still playing BUT I don't have access to the music reader anymore : can't choose or change the music or stop it.
Garmin5 tells me I need to use the bike radio system

And if I use the Garmin5 on its support without the music already on I can't even start it, no access, and G5 instructs me again to use the bike radio system !!!

My BMW dealer doesn't understand the problem.
Question 1 : do you share this same problem ?
Question 2 : do you have a solution ?

I thought of someth. > to isolate on the GPS contacts from its support the one that informs the bike the GPS is on , in that case I need the support contactors plans to know which one does what.

Thank You for any hints and please : Excuse my french :-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
guest2360

Re: HELP problem with the multimedia Navigator5

Post by guest2360 »

Firstly the music.  When the GPS (I assume its a BMW Nav V) is in the cradle the audio unit disables the music.  You need to load your music in MP3 format into a USB flash card and plug into the connection in the right locker. The bike will then do everything. Can't understand why your dealer didn't tell you that.  Getting nothing from the GPS at all is probably just a setting problem.  Check tie haven't got the mute in.
You say you can't start the GPS but you say the screen is telling you about music so it is on but in Media Player. Hope this helps but getting nothing from your unit is a new one to me.       
leolou

Post by leolou »

Yes the GPS is a BMW Nav V, nobody told me that when I'll put it on the cradle > the music will be disable and that the bike audio system will take over !

Yes I put a usb on the right box, but I can't use it on my Cardo Q1 which has only 2 channels  and I prefer to keep them to talk with the passager on n°1 and GPS on n°2

Moreover, the bluetooth of the RT is not very good when dealing with no BMW equipement (like helmet).

Do you think / know if it's possible to neutralize some contact (electric or electronic) in the back of the GPS or somewhere in the pins of the cradle so it will keep on working with the Cardo Q1 ?

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would not try it.  With what you want to do you will be better off with a wired system.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Next thing is that you'll discover you need a BMW helmet and a BMW bluetooth unit!

RTMan's right - just give in and fit an Autocom system - it will save you a lot of time, money and heartache...
leolou

Post by leolou »

Thank you all of you :-(

turdboman

Post by turdboman »

what is an Autocom system
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It's a wired helmet to helmet system.  it can be attached to the audio system and the GPS so both rider and pillion get everything.  All bike powered.  Google Autocom Ltd. Lots on here use it including me.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

turdboman wrote:What is an Autocom system
Autocom Videos, showing "How To" & some product guides.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AutocomUK/videos
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I used to have a Starcom wired system fitted to one of my old Harleys, worked well for a year, right upto the bit where the flexi cable that ran to the box, came away from my wife helmet connection and before I knew it, it was wrapped around the rear sprocket. Not fun trying to unravel it on the side of the motorway.

Anyway, moved to a Scala Bluetooth, brilliant bit of kit, no wires to worry about. Its even fun talking to the wife when she is in the filling station paying for fuel and people think she is nuts talking to herself.

My issues were probably more to do with the bodge fitting, but put me right off wired connections.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Never heard of that happening and would take some doing on an RT with panniers on. My dislike of Bluetooth systems is the problems you can have with connecting multiple items, the need to recharge from a mains connection, never allows both occupants to connect to everything, restricts you to one helmet unless you have very deep pockets, and on top of that none will work fully with the RTs audio unit.  And even though the sound quality of some isn't too bad its never as good as a decent wired system, especially at high speed. As you can tell, not a fan of the stuff.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Are Autocom & Starcom now part of the same Company, Tecstar, http://www.tecstar.co.uk/
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

DaygloDavid wrote: Are Autocom & Starcom now part of the same Company, Tecstar, http://www.tecstar.co.uk/

Yes, the kit itself was ok, had it originally in a Caterham 7 and used to use it on track days etc. On my Harley there wasn't anywhere to mount the unit, apart from in the bags, and then you had to run cables for the rider and passenger to plug their helmet leads into. The bit that came off, was the extender lead from the unit to where the Helmet connected too.

Not RT specific, but I have used a scala for 4 years, don't really listen to music so only used for comms between myself and passenger, and to listen to sat nav, with the occasional phone call. Plus when out with my mates, bike to bike. Now I have an RT, I will possibly have to make some compromises, but will never go back to being tethered to the bike again.