R1200RT Radio

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
yellowjacket

R1200RT Radio

Post by yellowjacket »

Well, after many of my 60+ years of riding a Harley, I finally bit the bullet and went to pick up my 2016 R1200RT. After the walk around with the salesman , I was ready for the test ride. It was time for "Rush" to come on the radio so I asked the salesman to find my favorite AM station. The radio would not pick up any AM stations. FM and Satellite as fine but no AM. They took it in the back and checked out antenna and wires but no luck. I told them to call me when they had the problem worked out but nothing yet. Since it is in the 70's in Louisiana and short sleeve riding, I guess I will take my Harley out for a ride. I will be listening to the AM radio of course. Anyone else have this problem?
stelyn

Re: R1200RT Radio

Post by stelyn »

Hi Yellowjacket,  welcome to the forum.  Should be someone on here that may be able to offer a solution for you ?..... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

This side of the pond we have a different radio and I only ever used FM.  However in the shop under a steel roof the radios never work. 
iRider

Post by iRider »

I call that a real bonus, the only thing wrong with it is that it's still picking up the other modes. I ride a bike to get away from daily stuff like radio
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

iRider wrote: I call that a real bonus, the only thing wrong with it is that it's still picking up the other modes. I ride a bike to get away from daily stuff like radio
yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

Just got a call from the dealer and it seems the antenna base was defective. They had another one flown in and they are putting it on as we speak. I hope to pick the bike up in an hour or so and put a few hundred miles on it today. Not a cloud in the sky and tomorrow will be even better. The only thing I love about Louisiana is the 12 month riding. Well maybe hunting, fishing, Mardi Gras and a few other things as well.
yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

Well I picked up the new RT and the radio works fine. I must say that my first 200 miles today were a real blast. I hope the miles I put on her tomorrow will be just as nice. I am impressed so far and it is so easy to push around compared to the Ultra Classic.