headlight ppro

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
turdboman

headlight ppro

Post by turdboman »

Does anyone know what headlight pro is and how to operate it on a 2016 r1200rt
guest2360

Re: headlight ppro

Post by guest2360 »

It means the bike has Daylight Running Lights which are very bright Angel Eyes.  These come on automatically until the weather gets dull then they dim and the normal dipped headlight comes on. in the dark the system works like a normal one.  You can switch the system off. except for the 3 Headlight bulbs the rest of the lighting on the bike is LED. The one slight disadvantage is that if you have the OEM auxiliary lights fitted these will not work with the DLR switched on.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

Thank you !!
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I have Headlight Pro.  I'm always slightly disappointed when the main headlight switches itself on because I think the angel eyes look so much cooler than the regular headlight.

And as regular readers may have noticed, I'm quite keen on how things look...

I do also have the BMW auxiliary lights too.  What RTMan says is (as usual) correct.  Thats also slightly annoying.

8) 8)
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

I wonder whether the lights can be programed, since on my GTL the auxiliary LEDs used to have to be switched on each ride, after a service the software update reversed that to default ON. I love the new angel eyes and wouldn't be happy if they were not on with the aux lights. The purpose of the headlight is to see at night rather than be seen, that is after all, what the LEDs are good at.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

The OEM aux spot light will only come on when dipped headlight is on.  The DLR stays on but not as bright as it is by itself. No programming is possible that I know except for the auto headlight setting.