Ilium works shifter extender

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Nando

Ilium works shifter extender

Post by Nando »

I am so glad the make this thing, I got the bike a few weeks ago and it was frustrating to put the bike in 1st gear. My boot kept on catching on the lip of the plastic. When I first got it it looked huge, but it's the perfect size. It simply slides in and happy shifting for us with big boots.
Attachments
20160114_164641.jpg
jackhd

Re: Ilium works shifter extender

Post by jackhd »

I installed it.  Didn't  like it made out of knurled metal.Scratched the top of my boot when shifting. Took it off.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

When I sold my 1600 removed mine and installed on my new RT
Wise choice it works well, hasn't scuffed my sidi boots yet, 20,000 miles on 1600 and another 4 on RT, foot brake enlarger is another story, some sharp edges that needed smoothing
Jim
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Those of us with ballet-dancer's feet don't need one!
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Good idea I suppose,  but a bit of rubber hose pushed on would do the same job and cheaper..... :whistle:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

It seems to me that if you live over the pond there is this need to buy a bike which is fully equipped with a seat, screen, bars, pedals and lights.  Soon as you get it home take all these off and replace them with aftermarket bits, or at least alter them with stick on bits.  I would be inclined to buy a bike that fits property to start with. Or have I missed the point somewhere. Just remembered Ive fitted a fender extender.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

RTman10 wrote: It seems to me that if you live over the pond there is this need to buy a bike which is fully equipped with a seat, screen, bars, pedals and lights.  Soon as you get it home take all these off and replace them with aftermarket bits, or at least alter them with stick on bits.  I would be inclined to buy a bike that fits property to start with. Or have I missed the point somewhere. Just remembered Ive fitted a fender extender.

Our USA buddies have a passion for customising more than we do. To be fair they ride a lot more than we do. There is a guy on a Pan 1300 ST who has clocked up more than 300,000 miles ! I guess if you like the bike and do big miles you are always trying to find ways of getting the fit better.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I have it and the brake lever extender installed. Love them.