Possible Front daytime LEDs for R1200RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Possible Front daytime LEDs for R1200RT

Post by Steve F »

mercator1 wrote:
Any particular reason you find it necessary to make some snarky comment every time someone mentions engine bars?  We get it.  You don't like them.  Then don't install a set.  Nobody cares about your preference.
....but he's the UK BMW RT forum's bike vanity man no less......!! ;) :)
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

I recently added the Skene Design Photon Blasters (amber) to either side of the front fender of my 2016 RT. I got the version that ties into the front turn signals as they are LED as well. Now with the turn signals and the fender mounted LEDs flickering away, along with the low beam and high beam rings alight, the increase in visibility became evident immediately. I commute on a major highway daily and I can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen cage drivers do a double take in their side view mirror, and stay in the lane they currently occupy. In the few weeks I have been using  them, they have prevented countless potential lane intrusions. This also holds true for vehicles sitting perpendicular to my direction of travel at a intersection. They wait till I pass before trying to turn. The concept of conspiscuity (tough to say, harder to spell)  is very real. You can spend serious money on the city lights, or for the $140 USD get the Photon Blasters. Regardless of your personal preference, put something up front. You will see immediate beneficial results.
Oh the places we will go
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Steve F wrote: ....but he's the UK BMW RT forum's bike vanity man no less......!! ;) :)

It's not an easy job but somebody has to do it...

:alas: :alas:
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

richardbd wrote: It's not an easy job but somebody has to do it...
:alas: :alas:
No, they really don't.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Steady on ladies, let's keep to the subject, tomorrow I'll post my installation of DRL's for you !
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

I've got around to fitting mine, Ring LED's, brackets off EBay, wired directly into the accessory socket wiring, HS the benefit of staying on for 30 seconds after ignition off. Didn't fit them for more light, simply to make the bike stand out to onoming traffic at junctions.
Attachments
IMG_20160505_122841.jpg
IMG_20160505_122854.jpg
IMG_20160505_122833.jpg
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Total cost less than £50  :be happy: