Just Bought 2014 RT LE

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Just Bought 2014 RT LE

Post by Casbar »

All, thanks for your advice. I have just bought a RT LE, fully loaded. Pick it up tomorrow. My first BMW since I had two R80RTs in the 90s. Its Quartz Blue Metallic :)
guest2360

Re: Just Bought 2014 RT LE

Post by guest2360 »

Well done.  You will soon discover this is your No One bike.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Casbar wrote: All, thanks for your advice. I have just bought a RT LE, fully loaded. Pick it up tomorrow. My first BMW since I had two R80RTs in the 90s. Its Quartz Blue Metallic :)
Hi Casbar and welcome to the Forum, enjoy - one small descriptive omission though - you forgot  to insert it is, the
`faster' "Quartz Blue"........ ( seems to mean a lot here !! ) :whistle: :enjoying:
Last edited by stelyn on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would like to point out. Fastest. in his dreams. When you come across the ballistic grey version just give it room to rocket past.
I would also like to point out there is nothing going on in this forum about colour that makes any sense.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

stelyn wrote: Hi Casbar and welcome to the Forum, enjoy - one small descriptive omission though - you forgot it to insert it is, the
`faster' "Quartz Blue"........ ( seems to mean a lot here !! ) :whistle: :enjoying:

Not with me riding. Remember my other bike is a Harley Road King, not used to going fast  ;)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Quartz blue is the coolest colour,  and fastest
Some say it looks fast even when it's static
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hi Casbar and welcome! Excellent choice of colour if I may say so! The ' blues' have it by quite a considerable margin........and fittingly so! No hard feelings grey / ebony etc owners out there ;) :)
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Thanks everyone. Pick it up today, 150 mile trip home, so should be well aquainted with the bike by the time I get back.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Picked the bike up. Rode it home 200 miles plus, only stopped for fuel. Great ride, really excited. Going to take a bit of getting used to, after the Harley. Struggled a bit with all the switches in the dark though :-) Even my Harley has illuminated switches. It will be fine once I get used to them.
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

Excellent choice Casbar, bike and colour, and welcome.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Went out today and did another 60 miles around the lanes. Brilliant, really like the bike, in fact like it more than my Harley. Can't see my Harley getting used much over the next few months.

Everything working ok, just one question, I am finding the gearbox quite clunky, for clunky i mean noisy when changing Is that normal, managed to hit neutral a couple of times when going from 1st, I need to give it more of a push I guess. i suppose I don't hear it so much on the Harley because the engine makes suck a racket  :)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Casbar wrote: All, thanks for your advice. I have just bought a RT LE, fully loaded. Pick it up tomorrow. My first BMW since I had two R80RTs in the 90s. Its Quartz Blue Metallic :)

I assume you only bought it because all the grey ones and already been sold?

:alas:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Casbah.  If your bike is fully loaded you must have Pro shift.  If so forget it fo 1 to 2 and back. short shift up and a good blip down is the best.  pro shift the rest, it's seamless smooth lighting fast and quiet.
iRider

Post by iRider »

Casbar wrote: Everything working ok, just one question, I am finding the gearbox quite clunky, for clunky i mean noisy when changing Is that normal, managed to hit neutral a couple of times when going from 1st, I need to give it more of a push I guess.

Just turn the radio up, you won't hear it then  ;)
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

RTman10 wrote: Casbah.  If your bike is fully loaded you must have Pro shift.  If so forget it fo 1 to 2 and back. short shift up and a good blip down is the best.  pro shift the rest, it's seamless smooth lighting fast and quiet.

Yes have pro shift, worked out its better after 2nd. Not an issue, was just wondering if its normal, my last BMW was a R80RT which had a terrible gearbox. The bike is booked in for a service on the 20th, so will get everything checked out then.