USB Stick Question

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
mercator1

USB Stick Question

Post by mercator1 »

[size=14px]Anyone know what's the max size USB stick the RTW audio system can handle? Bought a 128Gb stick and dumped most of my mp3 files on it, but it never finishes loading the catalog.  I had put some select tunes on an 8Gb, and it worked fine.  I just wanted to have more music with me.[/size]
stelyn

Re: USB Stick Question

Post by stelyn »

Not sure, -  I  use a 16GB which holds loads,  I've never yet heard it play to its limit  during a `ride out'    ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

I *think* the "natural" limit is 32GB as when you go to 64GB/128GB I believe  it has be formatted in exFAT rather than default FAT32.  On a number of cars/MP3 players I had them struggle with 64GB USB stick but never with 32GB, hence this is what I have put 32GB in my RT LC audio system (and it works!).  Maybe someone knows more than me, but this has been my experience!  Peter
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

peterwbaker wrote: I *think* the "natural" limit is 32GB as when you go to 64GB/128GB I believe  it has be formatted in exFAT rather than default FAT32.  On a number of cars/MP3 players I had them struggle with 64GB USB stick but never with 32GB, hence this is what I have put 32GB in my RT LC audio system (and it works!).  Maybe someone knows more than me, but this has been my experience!  Peter

Yeah, I was thinking anything over some limit had to be NTFS, and that might be 32GB.  I can get more than enough of my favorite stuff on there.  I was just trying to carry everything I had, some of which I'm sure I'd never listen to.