connecting nav V to bike ,it wants pin # ??

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
turdboman

connecting nav V to bike ,it wants pin # ??

Post by turdboman »

connecting nav V to bike ,it wants pin # ?? where do i find it ? $799.00 product $.25 manual !!
stelyn

Re: connecting nav V to bike ,it wants pin # ??

Post by stelyn »

Is this when it powers up on first use ,  if new unit,  may have been / left, set to  a factory default ? ie  0000
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

new, i'll try 0000 thanks
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

If that does not work hold the on / off button for 10 seconds and retry........ ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

stelyn wrote: If that does not work hold the on / off button for 10 seconds and retry........ ;)
always a good plan!

:alas: :alas: :alas:
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

maybe i need more info ,i have a 2016 r1200rt ,a navigator V and a Samsung galaxy note 4 . I'm hope use the nav with the phone so i can tell when I'm getting a call is this doable ? I'm so disgusted with the owners manual for both the nav and the bike !!
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

turdboman wrote: maybe i need more info ,i have a 2016 r1200rt ,a navigator V and a Samsung galaxy note 4 . I'm hope use the nav with the phone so i can tell when I'm getting a call is this doable ? I'm so disgusted with the owners manual for both the nav and the bike !!

HAs the bike got the BMW audio system?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Of course it is. The Navy V is Bluetooth only unless your bike has the audio unit. But in any case you will need Bluetooth the use your phone. You pair your phone to the Nav and the Nav to your headset. You can also if you wish use a wired system. There's lots of info on all the option here.
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

i don't have a headset ,i would just like to know when i get a call . i will get a headset if i have to . i do have on board audio .
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Turdboman,
I think this is what you are referring to.....
"The bikes Instrument Cluster also has a number of sensors that can provide some interesting information as well as control of the NAV5 itself. For example, if you enable the Garmin Lock feature on the NAV5 with a four digit PIN code and location, when the NAV5 is mounted it links the bikes VIN number as a security code. Mount the NAV5 on the bike, turn on the key and the NAV5 will startup and unlock: no need for the Garmin Lock PIN code. If the NAV5 is removed from the mount the Garmin Lock PIN Code is required (unless you're at your Security Location). BMW says you can link up to FIVE bike VIN numbers to one NAV5: cool, more bikes! Go to Settings->Device -> Garmin Lock"

Hope this helps,
John
Last edited by beemerboy9 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bentall
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

turdboman wrote: i don't have a headset ,i would just like to know when i get a call . i will get a headset if i have to . i do have on board audio .
The audio unit in the bike has 2 Bluetooth settings in it, 1 for the rider and 1 for the pillion, it showes as Helmet One and Two. Nearly all makes of helmet Bluetooth kits will attach to the audio unit but only to one point.  This means you or your pillion will receive everything, ie  radio GPS and any music source you connect but one will get nothing.
The less inviting option for you both to connect to the unit is to buy the BMW headsets.  They are expensive, don't mute and you can only connect the GPS to one of them.
Many here use a wired system connected to the audio unit.  This way you can forget Bluetooth, you and your pillion will receive everything and you can control the volume using the wheel. In addition if you pair your phone to the Nav you can both recieve calls.
The speakers on the bike are as good as useless on the road. Only good for annoying your neighbours when your parked up.  But as I said before all the various option are here including photo of some of the wired systems.
If you just pair your phone, when you get a call it will show on the Nav screen, but that's it.
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

So i go for a ride and unable to use radio spr ,i shut off nav and phone but dash says sprs off and a blue tooth symbol is showing,i even did unpair all but no on board sound
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

turdboman wrote: So i go for a ride and unable to use radio spr ,i shut off nav and phone but dash says sprs off and a blue tooth symbol is showing,i even did unpair all but no on board sound

This is one of those threads where the only way for the OP to find an answer is for the rest of us to say/do NOTHING and leave it to RTMan - the guru of RT audio connectivity...

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If the speakers are switched off you won't hear anything. Sit outside on your drive and work through the audio menu until you get sound out. Switch off the Bluetooth, that only connects to a headset which you haven't got. Pair your phone to the Nav V.
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

thank you i played with  the settings and finally found loud speaker which was above audio it was set to off  ,didn't know i could go up from audio ! i endeavored to persevere !! the BT pairing must shut off the spk . does anyone have the nav 5 and like it ? i hope so .

Thank You all