The Cost Of Things

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Rocket Tim

Re: The Cost Of Things

Post by Rocket Tim »

Hi
Yes it is a brand-new RT LC.
My question still stands, from the first BMW sat nav to now, what is the rollover of development like; every  two years? From  the latest development.
must be soon a New one to come out shortly? .
I bet one of the new models will have the sat nav talking to one or two cameras so you can monitor and playback the recorded footage
So when! !!
Last edited by Rocket Tim on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I reckon the V will be around for a long time to come.  No doubt there will be lots of software updates but the unit itself won't change to a VI. But then again somebody might come up with a homing pigeon programmable implant and we won't need a GPS
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Rocket Tim wrote:The only thing is the handlebars on the RT, I would suggest is not meant for a mounting kit.
Stevecccc has this Radar Detector mounted on his RT LC, would a similar set-up work for a GPS.

Hornig make this GPS Mount for the RT LC, giving more GPS choices,
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/ ... RT-LC.html

Last edited by David. on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

RTman10 wrote:We all moan about the price of genuine BMW bits, but. Just found a receipt for a BMW Navigator 3 Plus I bought in Oct 2006. £963.00. Must have been mad.
Jim wrote:Purchased a StreetPilot 2820 at the 2005 Nec Bike Show, it cost me £635.00. Quite expensive but not as expensive as the BMW Motorrad one.
In 2005/6, a premium of over £300 was paid for a BMW Badge.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

But remember it didn't come with the mounting bracket with all the extra functions. . I saw lots of 2820 owners at the time who wanted to buy the cradle. Fortunately for them it wouldn't work and cost £240.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jim

Post by Jim »

probably better though...

Can't comment on that as I have never had a Motorrad one. Got a GTL in 2011 had the 660 and it fitted the bike just fine, now got a exclusive and it still fits the new sized Aperture. Will stick with it for a while yet I think.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

660' Nav IV and V are all exactly the same size.  V has the larger screen that's all.