What do you do with the old seat ?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
iRider

What do you do with the old seat ?

Post by iRider »

I couldn't decide if this was a question for the ACCESSORY section or the AFTER MARKET PARTS section so i decided to stick it GENERAL DISCUSSION :-)

Ok so today the Sargent Seats with heat arrived for my 2015 R1200RT LE to replace the OEM heaters seats.. I swapped the heat switch and key lock assembly over and installed the Sargent seats on the bike. So my question is this and it goes to anyone who has fitted any after market seat really.. What did you do with your OEM seat. Did it go on eBay or is it in the loft ready to go back on the bike when you sell the RT and then the after market seat goes on eBay.

Just curious as I am undecided what to do with it at the moment..

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
stelyn

Re: What do you do with the old seat ?

Post by stelyn »

iRider wrote: What did you do with your OEM seat. Did it go on eBay or is it in the loft ready to go back on the bike when you sell the RT and then the after market seat goes on eBay.
Just curious as I am undecided what to do with it at the moment..
Don't rush into a decision,  I'd be inclined to `sit '  on it,  until  you've decided what to do....... :enjoying: 
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

if you decide to trade your bike in with a dealer and its not stock it will cost you. They don't like it you know.  So keep your proper seat in the attic for when you swap.
iRider

Post by iRider »

I have to say I was minded to keep the OEM seat for trade in time. Even if the Sargent seat doesn't fit the next generation of RT's by then, it will still have a much better resale value than the OEM seat.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.