cylinder head protection bars?.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: cylinder head protection bars?.

Post by Casbar »

k9doc wrote: Can't see your problem with the engine bars. If you can put up with that ridiculous 49 litre abortion of an overdone topbox (more appropriately top crate) with it's gas struts, interior light blah blah, then your sense of style is, in my view, somewhat misplaced. If anything was ever overdone, that monstrosity has to be it. Only my opinion of course.
                                                                                      ;)

yep and takes all of 5 mins to remove  8)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's why us with style have the 28lt one.
edzb
Great Britain

Post by edzb »

RTman10 wrote: That's why us with style have the 28lt one.
No, that's why us with style don't have one full stop[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Yes, but if you have a top box rack with nothing on it looks like your too tight to buy one. You might of course have spent your pocket money on scaffolding.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

As the "tit for tat" seems to be warming nicely I thought it was time to chip in.
Initially I "wanted" protection bars, but as has been previously mentioned they're not the most pleasing of accessories for the RT.
I had the subtle BMW cylinder guards and they served their purpose, well one of them did, in a stationary gently drop. Just a very small dent in the plastic outer.
As for the top box, the 49l is essential when SWMBO is pillion and it does take two helmets. Since I fitted the internal compartments in the the side cases the helmet no longer fits.
When I ride solo I just can't be bothered to remove the box. I like the additional brake lights.
All horses for courses.
Keep up the banter.....................
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: With you on that one. I hate top boxes. I know very practical but pig ugly.
Also agree re big top box. I have neither that nor the scaffolding. Maybe that's why my bike's so fast. Perhaps it's nothing to do with the colour after all!!

Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

richardbd wrote: Also agree re big top box. I have neither that nor the scaffolding. Maybe that's why my bike's so fast. Perhaps it's nothing to do with the colour after all!!