BT intercom

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: BT intercom

Post by Casbar »

blokeonthemove wrote: Well after all this chat I've ordered a pair of Scala Packtalks, I like the phone app that comes with it which allows you to adjust all the settings in a very clear manner. I have also ordered a bluetooth module called a Bird 1, this connects physically to my Kenwood 3101allowing PMR comms, this and a Bluetooth PTT should cut down the cables a bit. This setup will allow me to communicate with my 10 fellow riders for essential information such as, leg/bum stretch, pee, fuel ( one of whom has always had less range than the BMWs). I bought my Autocom in 2011 and it is still very good but every so often a cable needs replacing and the DIN plugs wear after a period of time. Time to try some new tech.

Can you report back on how you get on, thinking of buying the Packtalk. Why do you need a PMR if using a Packtalk?
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

To answer your second question 1st, I ride with a group of 9 others all of whom have autocom, some of them are too mean to upgrade, I suppose I'm doing the research. The PMR BT dongle enables the Scala to transmit to the dongle and a BT PTT opens up the PMR channel. However I have had to return the dongle and PTT as I cant get them to pair, these are both from Intaride, who have been very helpful. So far the Scalas are OK but it's a long process, I'm finding. The headsets are talking to one another, mine is receiving the Nav5, I have not found the FM to be any good yet. The phone app is great at least you can see if you have a problem and where it is. The voice recognition is excellent, the system replies with voice so you don't have to try to find buttons on the Scala with gloved hands. With the Autocom it's all a mystery, you just have to replace bits till you find the problem. I am still on a loan/demo bike as mine is on it's way from Germany. The loaner doesn't have Audio, which mine will have. This will leave me with a bit more research on how to best integrate that into the mix. 
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Great, keep us updated on how things go.
mack62

Post by mack62 »

How did it go?  I have a Nolan n-Com kit and it is great when it works.  Had problems with the charging cable connector.  Too weak but otherwise it is decent especially if you have a Nolan helmet. 
2013 R1200RT 90th Anniversary