Electrical connector

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Electrical connector

Post by beemerboy9 »

Another wire is 0V with ignition off and 7V with ignition on and 12V with brake applied.
That would be the wire the extra brake light in the topbox.
John Bentall
iRider

Post by iRider »

That was a neat trick with the smartphone. Maybe we can now answer that age old question, "does the fridge light really go off when the door is closed" :-)

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Pete1200

Post by Pete1200 »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and apologise if this treads on any earlier posts, but this may be of use. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/electric ... ycles    It is an adaptor that sits between the pilot light bulb, (capless variety) and it's plug. The extra wire is to operate a relay to provide an ignition live power source. This does not take enough power to upset  the can bus system and used in conjunction with a suitable fuse panel should give all the power you need. I have used this on two GSs successfully to operate several items. The beauty is also that it can all be removed, never having had to cut into the loom anywhere.
May the road ever be your friend, from leaving home till journey's end.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Pete1200 wrote: Hi, I'm new to this forum and apologise if this treads on any earlier posts, but this may be of use.
i]Hi Pete 1200, welcome to the Forum all contributions to the forum  subjects are more than welcome, especially when they provide further  help and advice as yours above........ ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window