2016 RT - Optional Settings

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
dlb56

2016 RT - Optional Settings

Post by dlb56 »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but wanted to know what options can be set up by the dealer relative to the various systems on the bike. I'm picking mine up this next week and wanted to hear if anyone had recommendations on things they changed or asked the dealer to change. For example, I've read that some have had the time for the turn signal shut off shortened, but what else have, or would, you ask the dealer to change? Specifically, those things that must be changed by the dealer.

Thanks for any input.
guest2360

Re: 2016 RT - Optional Settings

Post by guest2360 »

I am not aware of any.  Just make sure they have set the date and time and if you have a BMW Navigator have it syncro'd to the time.  Then when you get home find the little booklet which easily explains all the settings. A few days later all will be clear.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

How do you sync the Nav v time to the bike then? Is it an option on the Nav v screen, or is the bike synced to the Nav v, so the bike time is always correct?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

In the Quick Manual booklet, Settings, User, GPS Time, On/Off
Set it now and it will change it to BST at the end of the month and put you on continental time when you get off the ferry.  Not yet clever enough to swap the headlight over though.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Cool, off to do that now  :)
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

It was already setup. My clock was an hour out still on BST, when I picked the bike up from service riding back I noticed the clock was correct, I though the service department had reset it, but I had just fitted a Nav v, so that must have done it  :)
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Took me ages to figure out that's why the RT's clock was always right!

doh... :alas: :alas:
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Changed mine to speedo yesterday, old dog learning new tricks!!
Jim
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

the seat comes in 3 heights standard, low and high . I wish i knew it ,i had to buy a second seat , would have got it with a low seat from dealer !!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

the seat comes in 3 heights standard, low and high . I wish i knew it ,i had to buy a second seat , would have got it with a low seat from dealer !!

I would have got more than annoyed with the sales bloke  for not advising me of the options before I bought it and asked for a swap.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

The best recommendation would be for the dealer to lower the price  :alas:
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
iride4u

Post by iride4u »

I highly recommend that you do not play with the wonder wheel until after you get home. We have had a few riders at the K1600 forum get into trouble trying to figure it out on the way home. The controls are very easy to understand once you get used to them. Try to adjust what you think you want to adjust at the dealer or pull over somewhere that is safe.
kiki

Post by kiki »

When you get a chance, take an hour and read through the manual, page by page, along with all the summary "cheat sheet"s that BMW includes. There is some really useful info in there that is well hidden if you skim through it too fast.  For example, I had my 13 GT for 3 days before i realized that the wonderwheel can click backward, not just forward, so that once in a menu you can quickly click back out to the main screen (logo or speedo), and you can move both ways through your radio stations or songs.