Audio System Down

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
gav69

Audio System Down

Post by gav69 »

Just picked up an 05/ 2009 model with 90 000km from dealer in immaculate condition. Rode 4 hrs home and used radio, worked fine. Tried CD in player when I got home, worked fine. Next morning was about to head out for a run, turned on radio all ok, put CD into unit and just as it accepted disc the audio system shut off/ completely blank. No life in it since.
So before I start to research prob./talk to dealer/ pull panelling off for loose wiring etc... Thought I'd throw it on here to see if there's a trick for system reset or whatever??
I'm new to the R1200RT as of 3 days ago and will be getting a workshop manual soon for wiring etc.
I'm not sure if I'm actually missing something blindingly obvious either ???
Cheers!
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Audio System Down

Post by David. »

Is this the Rider's Manual for the Audio System on the Bike, http://www.kali.hu/motor/bmw-r1200rt/le ... o_2007.pdf

"Switching on CD player
* Switch on the audio system
* Press the CD/* button to select the operating mode for the CD player.
If the CD drive is empty, the CD player starts automatically as soon as a CD is inserted."
Last edited by David. on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gav69

Re: Audio System Down

Post by gav69 »

Yep. Thank you!That's the right audio system manual I found too but it has no trouble shooting section. Still need to find a decent downloadable service manual for bike tho.
I have no power at all to system to turn it on.. As if blown fuse but I know there is none of them
Last edited by gav69 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.