Post by Gman1969 »

Such a great bike Im over the moon!!
Attachments
IMG_3935.JPG
IMG_3934.JPG
guest2360

Re: she has arrived

Post by guest2360 »

Can tell your not disappointed with it.  Don't forget to put some head guards on it.  Worth their weight in gold as is a fender extender.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Nice one Gman,

Nice to see you've chosen the best colour.  I've fitted mine with the black Wunderlich engine and pannier bars, they're there when you need them (hopefully never), but don't stand out like a sore thumb.
:)
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

Lucky man, mine is built but stuck in Germany awaiting shipment, as it has been for the last 10 days. Luckily those nice chaps at Bahnstormer have lent me one to keep me happy and quiet. I've discovered that when you fit the Nav 5 it doesn't go in with a nice click, you have to try to dislodge it to find out whether it's in properly and then when you push the release button you need to be ready to catch it as it falls out, not good. The rear seat is a bit of a fag to remove but there does seem to be plenty of room under it for comms stuff.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Not quite true about the Nav V cradle. There is not much of a click as its a tight fit with no movement once it's in. You can however see if its locked in as you can see the bar vanish if you look along the top of the Nav. The mechanism is the same on all Garmin cradles.  As for removing it. Who would push the release button without holding the unit at the same time. Yep lots of room under the pillion seat as long as you don't have the audio unit.
Last edited by guest2360 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

I have put my Gamin 660 on it which is ok just does not work with the handlebar controls which I can live with. How much are the engine guards and fender extender?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

You should be able to get a good discount from your dealer on the guards, have a go at him when you have your first service and complain they weren't pointed out to you when you bought it.  I out a Pyramid extender on.  Cost about £12 but I'm sure there are more expensive ones around. I'm not a fan of attaching half the Forth bridge to them
Pope

Post by Pope »

Thats lovely in black...but i've cricked my neck looking at the photos  :eek:
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

yeah sorry about that not sure why they rotated as they were ok on my pc?
Pope

Post by Pope »

Gman1969 wrote: yeah sorry about that not sure why they rotated as they were ok on my pc?

No worries mate...enjoy the ride.. :)

Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

blokeonthemove wrote: Lucky man, mine is built but stuck in Germany awaiting shipment, as it has been for the last 10 days. Luckily those nice chaps at Bahnstormer have lent me one to keep me happy and quiet. I've discovered that when you fit the Nav 5 it doesn't go in with a nice click, you have to try to dislodge it to find out whether it's in properly and then when you push the release button you need to be ready to catch it as it falls out, not good. The rear seat is a bit of a fag to remove but there does seem to be plenty of room under it for comms stuff.
Yes, re the BMW Nav V cradle, it's not very well designed at all. I agree with you that it does not instil any confidence regarding the security of mounting. Admittedly, as RTman10 has said, you can get reassurance from a visual check on the 'bar' when fitted. It wouldn't be so bad if, heaven forbid, the satnav became detached when riding, that there wasn't such an erfing great hole for it to potentially fall through in front of the headstock!! A great satnav let down by a poorly designed cradle. Well, that's my opinion anyway!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Can you think of any bike that has a built in GPS mount, or any mount for that matter, that would save the unit if it came detached .  I can think of only one and that's another BMW.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Wow, what a great looking bike, colour is spot on 8)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

RTman10 wrote: Can you think of any bike that has a built in GPS mount, or any mount for that matter, that would save the unit if it came detached .  I can think of only one and that's another BMW.

No, but the point being made here is that for all the brilliant minds and brains at BMW Munich HQ Design office, they come up with such a weak design for a built-in sat nav mounting! ???
blokeonthemove

Post by blokeonthemove »

As for the GPS mount, I think the 1600 has a much better design in that it is mounted from above and secured behind it's shroud and the release is also safer as it offers a degree of security behind the screen, only a degree though, as removal of the screen facilitates the removal of the GPS should you leave it unattended.