Oil cooler guards

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
falconmick

Oil cooler guards

Post by falconmick »

What are thoughts on oil cooler guards?
Also anybody able to tell me how to get the panels off the bodywork to fit one please?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Oil cooler guards

Post by David. »

falconmick wrote:Also anybody able to tell me how to get the panels off the bodywork to fit one please?
MAX BMW Garage R1200RT Body Panel Removal and Installation, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHU4ZQ2C_Q

The OEM Oil Cooler Air Duct is secured with 2 trim clips & a screw on either side.

Last edited by David. on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

In my 10 year plus life behind a parts counter I can never remember ordering an oil cooler for any model of RT.  So unless you intend to chase cars down gravel roads I can't see the point.  To a slightly lesser extent headlight covers are in the same category although I did fit one to a 1600 as the headlight on them are just short of £1000. All it ever did though was get covered in dead bugs on the inside being a nightmare to clean. Same thing can happen with radiator guards .

Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Thanks for the replies gents, RTman10 I'm not one to argue with the voice of experience, so I'll save my money & time and not bother with either. Cheers Mick