Remus headers and slip on

Technical aspects and performance of the BMW R1200RT/1250 RT
Poddy

Remus headers and slip on

Post by Poddy »

Hi guys
I have a 2015 of which I plan tomorrow to pick up a full Remus system which bypasses the cat so what remapping will I need

Cheers
Poddy from down under
guest2360

Re: Remus headers and slip on

Post by guest2360 »

I have just looked at the Remus site and it doesn't list one for the LC. Where are you getting it from.
Just found it on Remus US site.  Had a Remus end can on an 1150.  VERY noisy, no noticeable increase in performance and slightly dodge build quality.  You never know, they might have improved.  Don't think remapping will be needed though.  Surly Remus would tell you if it did.
Last edited by guest2360 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Poddy wrote:I have a 2015 of which I plan tomorrow to pick up a full Remus system which bypasses the cat so what remapping will I need.
Found this from Motorworks in the UK, http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/TheShed/PDF/Remus.pdf

When fitting a Full System, they say,
"No need to re -jet / re-map (Optional).
Extensively dyno tested to ensure healthy power and torque curves with no ''flat spots''."

The Cat. is removed, but the Oxygen Sensors are retained.
http://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/375 ... omplet.pdf

Having said that, some Folks have had their RT LC's remapped with the BMW OEM System.

Motorworks (UK) sell Remus Header Sets, Silencers & Complete Systems for the RT LC,
https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop ... 5_36_JA_37
Last edited by David. on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Wow, they ain't cheep, 1K+.  If I was going down that route the cat would stay and an Akra titanium end can would be my choice.  still have half the money left.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: If I was going down that route the cat would stay
Depends if you want to be an anti-social noisy so and so as my last bike (kawasaki Versys) if you completely removed the end can it wasn't over loud as the cat did a good job of noise reduction  :(
slothy

Post by slothy »

i just did a full Remus system on my '11 - after about 500 miles i ended up putting the stock header back on - not loud like my harleys, just the tone of the full system annoyed me. It's perfect now with the stock header/slip on imo. i used the booster plug along with the install and seems to run great with the stock header or the Remus header.

[attachimg=1]

Attachments
2016-02-20 21.10.13.jpg
Poddy

Post by Poddy »

Finally got to do a good ride with the Headers and Cann on and live it, the seat of my pants Dyno gave it a big thumbs up and the run up to 200+ kph is faster than its every been

Good choice for me
Pope

Post by Pope »

Poddy wrote: Finally got to do a good ride with the Headers and Cann on and live it, the seat of my pants Dyno gave it a big thumbs up and the run up to 200+ kph is faster than its every been

Good choice for me

Glad you're happy with it mate, thats all that matters. I just have the Akra can on mine, and thats plenty loud enough for me, even with the DB killer in.
I would suggest getting your bike a good remap though, as this would be the icing on the cake. And it would sort out any Lean-running issues that de-catting can cause.
http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/ did my 2014 RTLC, and the results were superb.
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

slothy wrote: i just did a full Remus system on my '11...
[attachimg=1]

Good job you told us the year - for a minute I thought they'd fitted the can on the wrong side!

;-)
slothy

Post by slothy »

richardbd wrote:
Good job you told us the year - for a minute I thought they'd fitted the can on the wrong side!

;-)

hahaha :P  - i have since taken the header off - sounds better with stock head and remus muffler imo
Poddy

Post by Poddy »

Having done the deed on the headers I have to say it has opened up the bike, the extra performance is well worth it,  it is more that it just gets there quicker and the sound, well others love it, I'm on the bike so can't really tell.

Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

I just ordered a complete Remus  and power plug for my 2018 RT

I had the headers ceramic coated black and the joiners also

Will see in april

GB
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Gee-Bee wrote: I just ordered a complete Remus  and power plug for my 2018 RT

I had the headers ceramic coated black and the joiners also

Will see in april

GB

Assume you have checked that this won't impact your warranty. Are you also getting the bike mapped?
Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

No problem from dealer , mapped yes

cat delete with power play

I just dont like chrome

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Are you in the Europe or the US. My UK dealer advised me against using a Remus slip on due to warranty and so I bought the Akra.