Remus headers and slip on

Technical aspects and performance of the BMW R1200RT/1250 RT
Paggers

Re: Remus headers and slip on

Post by Paggers »

I have fitted a Remus slip-on to my 2017MY bike and I'm happy with it (I accept the risks around warranty and preferred to spend half the price of the BMW Akrapovic equivalent). I have looked at the headers but decided not to fit them. However, everything I read when I was looking said that the bike should be remapped if the full system is changed as it can cause the engine to run very lean which can damage it.
2016 (2017 MY) R1200 RT LE in white and black. Find me on twitter: @2WheelSolo. Also posting motorcycle vlogs on youtube: https://goo.gl/iM7y6X
Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

I fitted my complete together and marked with tape, header and joiners were sent for ceramic coating in black

GB

if you want a pic, email me at [email protected]
Last edited by Gee-Bee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Gee-Bee wrote: I fitted my complete together and marked with tape, header and joiners were sent for ceramic coating in black

GB

Still interested in where you live. I am amazed the dealer said there would be no issue with warranty on a new bike.
DonVulpes

Post by DonVulpes »

Gee-Bee wrote: I fitted my complete together and marked with tape, header and joiners were sent for ceramic coating in black

GB

Love the idea of getting the headers ceramic coated.

Are you going to post a thread when all the work is done ?
No matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always best.
Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

Yes

I ordered Mars red and having all red trim painted white , as I cant have the black motor / drive train  option with white model

All abs plastic trim will be hydro dipped in carbon finish, all painted white will have 3m clear bra done.

Iam in So Calif., picking up bike in mid April in Maine ( dealer) and doing the east coast to Forida, right turn north to Cody Wyoming then off to Astoria Oregon for ride down pacific coast hwy.

GB
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

Gee-Bee wrote: Iam in So Calif., picking up bike in mid April in Maine ( dealer) and doing the east coast to Forida, right turn north to Cody Wyoming then off to Astoria Oregon for ride down pacific coast hwy.
Sorry to change the subject for a moment, but be sure you ride the Dead Indian and Beartooth Highways near Cody WY, if you get a chance.  They are both spectacular, did them this summer.  Top of the Beartooth is nearly 11,000 feet!

Attachments
DSC_0338.JPG
BMW MOA #210438
Gee-Bee

Post by Gee-Bee »

I will map that route...

I just a extra set of all the silver mounts for the bike

shifter pedal
rear brake pedal
rear passenger mounts
shifter bracket