Haynes Workshop Manual

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Levisp

Haynes Workshop Manual

Post by Levisp »

Just received an email form Nippy Normans that Haynes will be publishing a workshop manual for the latest LC bikes. Just thought I'd pass on the info. Available early April.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Haynes Workshop Manual

Post by Steve F »

Thanks for the tip-off. Mind you, I hope it's a better publication than the one I've recently bought for my Audi. That's a paperback with some really crappy black & white photos throughout...!! :(
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Steve F wrote: Thanks for the tip-off. Mind you, I hope it's a better publication than the one I've recently bought for my Audi. That's a paperback with some really crappy black & white photos throughout...!! :(

That's a shame.  The one I have for the NCC-1701 is highly detailed and informative...

;) ;)
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

In days of old when knights were bold and gentlemen wore pyjamas, Haynes manuals were the dog's round fairy bits.  Unfortunately they no longer strip new vehicles to their basic parts with the plethora of images that we used to get.  Standards eh?
Let's hope that they do the LC justice.
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Funny that just my thoughts too. My Haynes manual for my Pan has crappy B&W photos printed on cheap paper. According to their web site the manual shows the bike fully stripped down and they have taken 1300 photos. Lets hope the quality is good.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Just received a copy of Haynes for the 2010 through 2013 models. They are a good starting point for the average owner, would agree that paper quality is poor etc. But what can you get for 15 squid these days. two coffee's and a biscuit in Star bucks ha.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Just ordered from Nippy's the Haynes Manual for the LC. Probably take a couple of days to arrive but will report back on what I think of it, content, quality etc...
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

B hell. Just seen the NN email....Normally £25, now only £20 (for 1 more week only!). Gawd, it had better be on glossy paper with colour photos throughout for that price....!! :eek:
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Steve F wrote: B hell. Just seen the NN email....Normally £25, now only £20 (for 1 more week only!). Gawd, it had better be on glossy paper with colour photos throughout for that price....!! :eek:

You are joking surely. I think £20 is cheap and thats what I'm worried about because it may force them to print on poor quality paper. Official manufacturers manuals cost an arm and leg. Last one I bought was for a RS250 many moons ago and it cost about £60 !
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: Just ordered from Nippy's ... Probably take a couple of MONTHS to arrive ...

corrected for you...

:alas: :alas: :alas:

Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Levisp wrote:
You are joking surely. I think £20 is cheap and thats what I'm worried about because it may force them to print on poor quality paper. Official manufacturers manuals cost an arm and leg. Last one I bought was for a RS250 many moons ago and it cost about £60 !
No. £25 for a flimsy, poor quality paperback workshop manual is NOT good value for money. IMHO.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Each to their own opinion but I guess I look at what its going to save me in labour cost as opposed to the cost of the book as a just a book. With labour costs ranging from £30 - £100 /hr giving an average of say £60/hr then the book pays for itself after the first 20 minutes of labour. Its a resource like buying a good quality tool, may seem expensive at first but pays for itself in the long run. All the Haynes manuals I have had were hardback books so I wouldn't call them flimsy. However my Pan ST1300 manual is printed on the worse quality toilet paper with poor black and white photos. Lets hope the RT manual printing quality is better.
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Levisp wrote: All the Haynes manuals I have had were hardback books so I wouldn't call them flimsy. However my Pan ST1300 manual is printed on the worse quality toilet paper with poor black and white photos. Lets hope the RT manual printing quality is better.

Well, I wouldn't rush out and buy too many more Haynes manuals as flimsy (see my earlier post re defining flimsy ;) )[size=78%], poorly bound paperbacks are the norm with crappy black and white photographs! Admittedly, the proverbial jury's still out wrt the new RT manual!![/size]
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Ordered 1830 yesterday, just got email notification its been dispatched. So hopefully arrive Mon. Must be lucky Richard  :)
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: hopefully arrive Mon. Must be lucky Richard

The old "the manual's in the post" trick eh?

It hasn't arrived yet...