Opinions on LC

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Mgee

Opinions on LC

Post by Mgee »

My '06 RT went in for the recall on the rear wheel flange and the dealer gave me a GSA as a loan bike.  The trouble is I fell in love with it ... Mainly because of how smooth the engine felt, how easy it was to control at low speeds with the wet clutch.  I was impressed how good the brakes were too This got me really thinking about upgrading my RT to an LC model.  The dealer didn't have an LC for me to try.  Are the LC's just as smooth and easy to ride as the this GS was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Re: Opinions on LC

Post by guest2360 »

Just about the same but the GS is lighter so feels a bit more nimbler.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

Got to agree with RTman.  I have had a GS LC a couple of times as a loan bike and it feels very familiar to my RT LC, just a different shape.  I think the RT handles better in the twisty bits and the GS is more nimble in town and traffic, not by much mind you it is still a big bike!  If I was buying again tomorrow, I would still go with the RT...
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I'd also choose the RT again - because I chose it to a specific job.  That said, I reckon the LCGS is the best all-round bike you can buy.  You just can't love it for its looks!
Rollmaster

Post by Rollmaster »

I came from a 14 GS to a 15 RT after test-riding the RT.  I fell instantly in love with the RT as it was much nimbler, AND I could actually place both feet flat on the ground.  For my riding style it fits me perfectly.