Air flow jacket

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

Air flow jacket

Post by Maz12 »

can anyone recommend a waterproof jacket to wear over a BMW air flow jacket when needed?
guest2360

Re: Air flow jacket

Post by guest2360 »

Their Rainlock suit is good quality and a good fit over Airflow. Hardly ever use my Airflow now as I have an Airshell jacket. As vented as Airflow but with a waterproof thermal liner and very bright.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

I use Revit Cyclone...
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Frogg toggs
Jim
Yammer

Post by Yammer »

Hi, I have the airflow jacket and pants I have used the red wind/rain jacket that comes with it.  It seems pretty water resistant, I just don't like the color.  I like that it tucks nicely in the back pocket....

Did yours come with it?

I also travel with a tourmaster water proof pant jacket combo that works great and is cheap.  Over jacket and pants, very water proof in those, also boot covers....used em a lot and they only cost 80 bucks cdn.  Comes in a travel bag and packs small.

Hope this helps, oh and I have traveled in serious monsoons.....
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

richardbd wrote: I use Revit Cyclone...

Ditto. If you want something that packs away into a small bundle the Revit Cyclone H2O works well. Cheap and after a year of abuse is still going strong. Useful in the Winter too as an additional layer to keep you warm.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Yammer wrote: Hi, I have the airflow jacket and pants I have used the red wind/rain jacket that comes with it.  It seems pretty water resistant, I just don't like the color.  I like that it tucks nicely in the back pocket....

They don't normally come with an oversuit.  The Rainlock jacket was red up until recently when it went blue, so I think that is what you have.
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

When we go to Europe in our Airflow jackets we take lightweight walking jackets the type that have hoods hidden in the collars and fold into small stuffer bags, in our case goretex. There is a better selection in outdoor shops and with discount prices there are some good bargains. We have ridden all day in rain and never got wet. Also handy to slip on when cold high in the mountains or early morning. The additional advantage is that when you are staying somewhere you can wear them casually.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Thanks for the replys chaps,  the Revitalise looks decent and I hadn't thought about none bike stuff
Something else to consider