Werks Quiet Ride and Ilium Bar Risers

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Rollmaster

Werks Quiet Ride and Ilium Bar Risers

Post by Rollmaster »

I just made a double change to my RTLC by replacing my stock screen with the quiet ride and adding the bar risers.  What a change to my ride.  All the comments about the quiet ride were confirmed yesterday when I went out for a 100 mile ride.  I could actually hear the engine and the stereo as I was riding, and noticed the air was minimal against my open helmet.

The bar risers were an added bonus as I've been wanting to get a slightly more upright posture which these bar risers provide.  A really pleasant ride yesterday with both of these add-ons and couldn't be happier.
yellowjacket

Re: Werks Quiet Ride and Ilium Bar Risers

Post by yellowjacket »

I did the same 2 changes to my 2016 RT and boy what a difference AAA+++
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

But can you now see anything in the mirrors except your hands.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

As the mirrors are below the bars, surely raising the bars would improve the field of view, I could be wrong.

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

According to mercator1 apparently not. 
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

The bar risers absolutely do increase your field of view with the rear view mirrors!
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
BackAtIt53

Post by BackAtIt53 »

HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY CHANGE TO YOUR WRIST ANGLE?  I am debating between the Illium Works bar risers and the just released Heli-Bars version. The Heli-Bars put  the grips 2" wider and specifically mention that the grip angle has changed slightly. There is a substantial cost difference, so the debate rages on. Any advice will be graciously appreciated. You can check out the HeliBars version at: https://www.helibars.com/products/HeliBars%C2%AE-handlebar-risers-for-BMW-R1200RT-LC/634.html .
Thanks.
Oh the places we will go