Finnaly got my dream bike

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
NSrider

Finnaly got my dream bike

Post by NSrider »

Always wanted a BMW & saved up until it was within my reach :be happy:
Drove it back home from the dealership in near freezing temperatures for about 100 miles today. The heated seat & grips were fantastic and the bike handled well despite strong wind gusts.
(We've had an unfortunate cold spell here in Atlantic Canada)
Looking forward to many happy and safe miles on my new ride 8)
Enjoy every day to the full and treat it as a gift and privilege
bighopper

Re: Finnaly got my dream bike

Post by bighopper »

You are right, it is a great bike, I too got the same as yours 2 weeks ago here in Edmonton AB,,,1500klms on her now & many more to come.be
kiki

Post by kiki »

So was Troy your salesman.....?

He sold me mine -- which, incidentally , looks the same as yours.

Also -- is your final drive silver? I cannot tell from the photo. I know there was a member here claiming "every new RT has a black final drive, however the Motorrad Canada rep laughed when i told him that, and said that was only the EU bikes. When i look at the UK site, it is black, but the NA bikes are silver.
Attachments
IMG_4807.jpg
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Black here and silver the far side of the world might just be a lead time thing.  Can't believe they would have different finishes for different countries. It will be interesting to know if anybody over th pond has one with a black engine/shaft.Many of us think the silver is nicer though.  Nice to see you have the proper engine protectors fitted.
NSrider

Post by NSrider »

Yes kiki, it was Troy at Atlantic Motoplex.
I'm pleased that my engine and driveshaft are silver and not black!
kiki

Post by kiki »

It will be interesting to see when the 2017 models arrive at the dealership this fall. They may all be black. I can see different body colours in different markets, but I cannot imagine offering different colours on the drivetrain.

Regardless, what options did you get on your bike?
NSrider

Post by NSrider »

My bike has all the options except for Audio, not something I'm interested in or even need, considering that I have the nav, phone and helmet headsets all paired via Bluetooth anyway.
I love the gearshift assit and the creature comforts that all the other options provide!
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hopefully we'll see each other on the road some day -- i will look just like you--  coming at you!
Head02

Post by Head02 »

Great bike, i got exactly the Same colour. I added the Wunderlich cylinder crash bars. Looks great.
TJRL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by TJRL »

NSrider wrote: Always wanted a BMW & saved up until it was within my reach :be happy:
I did the same back in 1993 (K75RT) Good news I loved the bike - Bad news I have since purchased 4 more BMWs and they are not cheap, you have been warned!
2020 R1250RT, 2021 Triton ST-125, 1960 SII Land Rover.
NSrider

Post by NSrider »

:be happy:

I can see how easily that can happen as I already have a stable full of cars! It's a strange (and expensive) addiction, but great fun.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Only 5.  I started in 1996 swapping in a Diversion for an 1100RT.  Now on number 11.  The advantage of this has been I don't need to worry about low interest rates on savings.
crazycanuck

Post by crazycanuck »

Hey NSRider, congrats...I'm originally from Amherst and went to university at Dal, now live in Ontario.  I picked up a lightly used 2014 about a week ago and love it so far....heading to Pennsylvania over the May long weekend, some excellent roads that way (Ontario really likes their straight roads).  Hoping you get to the Cabot trail with summer, just watch the road to Meat Cove....I will avoid it next time