Corbin Seat R1200rt lc

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Head02

Corbin Seat R1200rt lc

Post by Head02 »

hi Guys,
Short intro: my name is Peter van Hooff, live in THE netherlands (next to germany). I OWN a BMW r1200rt Lc. Former bike was a 2009 r1200rt with a corbin Seat i loved very much. Before THE BMW era I owned several harleys, Honda, laverda, ducatie en motto guzzi.
My current bike is THE r1200rt Lc . NeXT summer my wife and i Will make a Tour through italy (from THE  north to Sicilië.
THE oem Seat om THE bike is slightly beter than THE aircooled boxer but driving more then 2 Hours will still kill you butt .
I read not so positive feedback About THE new corbin Seat for THE liquid Cooled boxer (dutch and german forum).
What is Your experience ?
I van not imagine corbin making les good seats ?

Thans
Peter
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Corbin Seat R1200rt lc

Post by Steve F »

Hi Peter, I can't comment on Corbin seats but welcome to the forum all the same. I spent five years leaving in Germany (next to the Netherlands) in Goch and Kevelaer! :)
pbsrides

Post by pbsrides »

Dont know about feel/quality of Corbin on RTLC, but had two Harleys with Corbin seats that I loved. Both needed to be returned for warranty work with poor customer service results and extended response times. In one case, I don't think I ever would have gotten my seat back if I did not follow up relentlessly. For both my BMWs (and an SV650) I've used Sargent seats (2008 R1200 GS and 2014 BMW R1200RT). Very happy with Sargent and their service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Welcome Peter.  Don't think we have many members in Holland.  I also lived just over the border for many years and spent many weekends in Venlo and Roemond.  Many of our American members use aftermarket seats due to the high mileage they all seem to do.  I'm sure they will give you all the advise you need.
Head02

Post by Head02 »

Steve F wrote: Hi Peter, I can't comment on Corbin seats but welcome to the forum all the same. I spent five years leaving in Germany (next to the Netherlands) in Goch and Kevelaer! :)
kevelaer is just 100 Miles from where i live!
What die you do there, so Many Miles from home ( unless home is where Your hart is ofcourse)?
Head02

Post by Head02 »

pbsrides wrote: For both my BMWs (and an SV650) I've used Sargent seats (2008 R1200 GS and 2014 BMW R1200RT). Very happy with Sargent and their service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sargent Seat looks real Nice. their pro's compared with corbin is that THE sargent Seat is made out of two Parts. Corbin's Seat is just onze piece (front and back Seat).

Problem with both of them is that THE Europe price is almost twice THE price in THE USA. Don't understand why. IT seems that Some one wants to make huge profit. And i am kind of allergic to that.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Probably something to do with the EU banging on tariffs.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hi Peter,
Although not in USA, (in Canada),I can speak to MY past experience with aftermarket seats on my K16, RT (hex and Oil) , and K13.

The Corbin (owned 3)  i have found to be designed for someone slightly taller than I am. I am 6'0 and about 210lbs. The dishing in the seat (concave shape) tends to deepen farther back than the stock seat, pulling my rear away from the tank. The width of them made them more comfortable than stock (although they are firmer). The one exception was on my K13GT, where it was not as firm, and also closer to the bars, overall excellent. However, on the other 2, they were almost identical -- firm and far.  Compared to stock, i would have chosen all 3.

Sargent makes wide seats that are also firm, but they don't pull you as far back from the tank, so you aren't leaning forward to reach the bars. They are slightly better for me compared to Corbin.

The most comfortable seat I have ever sat upon was a Russell Day-Long. It is a "re-upholstry" of your stock seat. They are wide , very plush, the perfect distance and contoured perfectly. However, you need to send them your stock seat, they are expensive, and they don't look great.

I typically put 8 to 10 hours a day when riding long distance, and the Sargent would get painful around 6 hours, the Corbin (except the K13) around 5 hours, and the stock around 3 or 4 hours. I didn't drive the Russell, but the owners of those claim they don't get sore-- period.

I have also found recently that an "Air Hawk R" seat pad has made the stock seat into a very comfortable perch. I will know better once I take it for a long distance ride.

Hope that helps!
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Head02 wrote: kevelaer is just 100 Miles from where i live!
What die you do there, so Many Miles from home ( unless home is where Your hart is ofcourse)?
Used to live in Goch initially and then later in Kevelaer whilst working as a civilian tech rep with the Harrier Force at Laarbruch back in the nineties !