NE mini jolly

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: NE mini jolly

Post by k9doc »

^
Better spending the money on quality control in the first place.
Chris
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

If only......but this is what happens when you have bean counters dictating policy to maximise profit. Call it selfish corporate greed or whatever, but BMW certainly are not alone in this respect! Yes, I'm just another returning BMW bike customer. Why? Because the machine, despite the niggling switchgear issues etc, is a fantastic bike in the way it handles and performs, and easily outshines the equivalent rival models such as the Triumph Trophy, Yam FJR, Honda Pan Euro etc. If and when China or S Korea can make something as good as an RT for less money, then I might be swayed. Until then I'll stick with the Beemer!😉
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

^
Agreed, the concepts and designs are second to none (except the FJR). It's just the rest of it that can fall short.
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

k9doc wrote: ^
Agreed, the concepts and designs are second to none (except the FJR). It's just the rest of it that can fall short.
Funnily enough this FJR has just arrived with us to evaluate as we need to replace some RT's in our Blood Bike fleet and the FJR is currently the only bike approved for Blood Bike use.
Attachments
fjr.jpg
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

That looks the biz.  8)
Chris
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Isn't the pan approved for blood bikes?
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Benchmark wrote: Funnily enough this FJR has just arrived with us to evaluate as we need to replace some RT's in our Blood Bike fleet and the FJR is currently the only bike approved for Blood Bike use.
Leicestershire Police have used these for a number of years, when i did a Bike Safe course a few years ago they had just got them. The Officers where very impressed with them.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Maz12 wrote: Isn't the pan approved for blood bikes?
It doesn't meet home office approval for s.19 excess speed whilst carrying the loads we might need to once s.19 is ratified for those that need to and are qualified to run under s.19 https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... exemptions
Last edited by guest3074 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.