NE mini jolly

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

NE mini jolly

Post by k9doc »

Strictly not touring but can't find a more appropriate thread.
Anyways as there seem to be 3 decent days ahead, I am treating myself to a mini trip to the NE staying in my static in Newbiggin bt Sea.

My plan is to head straight up from Derbyshire and then have a mini ride ( 90-100 miles )  in the afternoon, maybe up to Wooler, then back down the Coast. This is Tuesday 19th. Wednesday hopefully 200 miles or so getting up into the Borders. Back home the long way, Teesdale, Weardale, Dales etc. Altogether around 650 miles.
I was wondering if any North Eastern members had time on their hands for a ride either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday.
Your company would be most welcome and always nice to put faces to names.

Chris
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: NE mini jolly

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:I was wondering if any North Eastern members had time on their hands for a ride either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday.
Hi Chris, if you're heading North on the A19 through Teesside on Tuesday (tomorrow),  you would be most welcome to call in for a brew to break your journey.
We're at Ingleby Barwick, 5 minutes off the A19/A174 junction, near Stockton-on-Tees & Middlesbrough.

I might even be tempted to get my RT out & head North with you for the rest of the day.
Last edited by David. on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Hi David, thanks for the offer, sounds like a plan. PM on it's way.
Chris
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

DaygloDavid wrote: I might even be tempted to get my RT out & head North with you for the rest of the day.
Weather looks nice for tomorrow, I'm not envious at all stuck in the office  :'(
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

^
It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:Hi David, thanks for the offer, sounds like a plan.
See you for lunch tomorrow.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Looking forward to it.
Thanks again.
Chris
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Benchmark wrote:Weather looks nice for tomorrow, I'm not envious at all stuck in the office.
It looks even better tomorrow (Wednesday),  ask the Boss for a day off, something very important has cropped up, (the Sun).
Last edited by David. on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

DaygloDavid wrote: It looks even better tomorrow (Wednesday), ask the Boss for a day off, something very important has cropped up, (the Sun).
As it luck would have it I already have the day booked off, looks like a solo day out for me as the other half doesn't finish work till around midday  :)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Benchmark wrote:As it luck would have it I already have the day booked off, looks like a solo day out for me as the other half doesn't finish work till around midday.
If you fancy meeting up somewhere tomorrow (Wednesday),  I'm available all day, Halifax is less the 1.5 hours from Teesside.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

So that went well. Managed to get to Dayglo David's for a very nice lunch. Out to the bikes for an afternoon blast. Pressed the starter button...... nada.
Looked like the switch was falling to pieces in front of my eyes. Apparently DD had the same problem during a tour in Germany. Premium product my ar$e.  Four hours later in the recovery truck heading home.

Off to Piddy's in the morning to hopefully be fixed sometime in the next two weeks.

On the positive side we were sat outside DD's front door in the sunshine supping tea while awaiting recovery rather than the middle of nowhere in a blizzard.

Once again, thanks Shirley and David for your hospitality. We'll try and get a bit further next time.
Chris
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Bike ended up at Rainbow Rotherham. Got a call today saying faulty RH switchgear which has been replaced with a new unit. Full marks to Rainbow for efficient fix but poor show from BM effing W.
I have to pay £100 excess on my own warranty (unit costs £148) to replace their 'known to be defective' switch gear. The 'Service Bulletin' finished in December so tough $h!t and I don't think my bike was included anyway, or maybe it was depending whose bull***t you listen to.
Leaves a bitter taste. Anyone looking to buy a low mileage TC (2011),well specced with new RH switchgear. Best colour Midnight Blue with 8 months Warranty (transferable) left to run.

P.S. Please excuse the bile.
                                                >:( >:(
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

If you think that's bad a friend of mine has just had his K1600 into the garage as the oil light was coming on with the occasional puff of blue smoke (22,000miles) and because he was a couple of weeks late for his annual service they want him to pay for the engine strip down to confirm it is an engine failure that is covered under warranty  >:(
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

^
I think that warrants
                                >:( >:( >:(
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Sounds like BMW are cracking down on warranty claims, probably now employ a bunch of loss adjusters.