How do you aim your mirrors?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

Re: How do you aim your mirrors?

Post by Maz12 »

RTman10 wrote: Richard.  If gold mirrors are kool, we better get some.  Might blend with my plastic frame bungs.
You can't buy cool,  unless you bought the quartz Blue  😉
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Richard.  If gold mirrors are kool, we better get some.  Might blend with my plastic frame bungs.

Yeah - and you could put your weather protection kit back on too!
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

There are limits , that stays lost in the shed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

RTman10 wrote: Must be talking about the pre LC.  Mirrors on the LC are a huge improvement over the old design, if a little uglier.
I can't stand the LC mirrors.  Had auxiliary GS or RS mirrors on the old '05 model when I got it, and I see why.  Do you have any kind of barback on your LC?  With the IliumWorks barbacks, my hands are right in the middle of the fairing mirrors.  I desperately need aux mirrors on this one too.  I tried the little stick ons, and they are so convex that I see my own movements in them, and it's distracting.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I would complain to IliumWorks for not doing their development work properly. With everything in its proper place they are as good as it gets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest2826

Post by guest2826 »

I agree with RTman.

I have the stock bars on my  RT LC and the stock mirrors are amongst the best I've had on any bike. And I've had a very wide range of different makes and models over the years.

But that doesn't remove the need for an actual look behind you when pulling out to overtake or turn etc.
Last edited by guest2826 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

gaggle wrote: I agree with RTman.

I have the stock bars on my  RT LC and the stock mirrors are amongst the best I've had on any bike. And I've had a very wide range of different makes and models over the years.

But that doesn't remove the need for an actual look behind you when pulling out to overtake or turn etc.

The mirror size and placement on the Goldwing is the best I've ever seen.  When I ride my brother's, I'm amazed at how well I can see.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: There are limits , that stays lost in the shed.

Good man, thought maybe we'd be starting another engine bars discussion!

:alas: :alas: :alas: