Full face Helmet or Flip front

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
brianillusion

Full face Helmet or Flip front

Post by brianillusion »

Hi all
I have a full face helmet now but am looking for a new one. Cant decide on another full face or flip front. Any ideas or suggestions/preferences.
Thanks
Brian
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Full face Helmet or Flip front

Post by Casbar »

I have used Shoei flip for years, first Multitec  now a Neotec. The Neotec is a brilliant helmet. It fits my head shape.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If you intend to put comms in it the BMW System 6 Evo is a good choice.  Less expensive than many as well.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

flip for me.

I have a Schuberth C3 and a BMW System 6 Evo.  On balance I prefer the BMW - I find it more comfortable and quieter.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

And don't forget cheaper to buy.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: And don't forget cheaper to buy.

Not by the time you've added BMW bluetooth - but let's not start that old chestnut again!

JonA

Post by JonA »

Horses for courses... It's more important to get a lid that's a really good fit for your head shape and feels comfortable. I quite fancy a flip-front but so far I haven't found one that really feels right so it's full face for me.
I did think that flip-front had one advantage of not having to take your lid off at petrol stations, but having pulled in to a Waitrose station last week with my mate who has a flip-front, the attendant called over the loudspeaker for us to take them off, so I took off my full face and he flipped his up.
Still no juice was flowing and then she called to him that he must also remove his flip lid too - muppet!
I think this only happens in the UK - other countries are more sensible :)
Last edited by JonA on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

If your interested in BMW system 6 there is a German website I have bought a few things off recently, example, a pair of ladies Daytona gortex boots for Mrs Bertie £100 cheaper than UK!! Although the web address is co.uk and the prices are in pounds they are based in Karlsruhe Germany. http://www.moto24.co.uk/
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Most petrol stations don't make you take your flip front helmet off. My Waitrose does the same, so I go to shell down the road, which incidentally is the petrol station at Waitress as well. I was told to remove my Helmet at Waitress, but they were ok to let a motorcycle cop fill his bike up with his Helmet on.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I was once in Scotland permitted to sit on the back seat of a police car with my BMW System 4 on. So that's another reason for having a flip up.
falconmick

Post by falconmick »

Before you purchase, might be wise to check on here - http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Before you purchase, might be wise to check on here - http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Most have taken their findings with a oinch of salt. 
brianillusion

Post by brianillusion »

Thanks for all the replies.  I think I will try a flip front.  just need to decide which one now.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

brianillusion wrote: Thanks for all the replies.  I think I will try a flip front.  just need to decide which one now.

We'll all have opinions Brian.  Best idea is usually to try them and see what fits best.

Good luck...
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

RTman10 wrote: Before you purchase, might be wise to check on here - http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/
Most have taken their findings with a oinch of salt.
+ 1