BWM comfort seat

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
UKDucatiman

BWM comfort seat

Post by UKDucatiman »

I've been offered a second hand 'as new' BMW Comfort seat for my 2006 RT. I had to do a Google search as I was not even aware this was a factory option. I'm considering this after getting a bit of a soar posterior after a few longer rides and wonder if this could help. Has anybody else fitted one of these and is it a worthwhile upgrade?
guest2360

Re: BWM comfort seat

Post by guest2360 »

They were not a factory option just an accessory.  I had one on a 2009.  It should be heated as they all started life like that.  By far the most comfortable seat I have ever had.  They are not height adjustable and you have to remove the adjustment bar and the plastic seat lugs for the front single seat.  All a 2 minute job.  I recall it was 5mm higher than the stock low seat. New cost is £300+
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

RTman10 wrote: By far the most comfortable seat I have ever had. 
+1 on that

Wish they did it for the LC  :(
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Yes, heated as per stock item and only used once, so if it's £300 new £160 sounds like good value :)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Very good value.  Just remember if you have a standard seat now you will be a little lower on it. Think I remember 775mm.
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

RTman10 wrote: Very good value. Just remember if you have a standard seat now you will be a little lower on it. Think I remember 775mm.
This could be a plus point as even on the lower seat setting I'm a bit tip toe. So Hopefully will feel more confident and less worried about it tipping over 😃
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Picked up the comfort seat over the weekend and fitted today. Like RTMan10 said a breeze to install and what a difference over stock, big improvement in comfort and support. The only slight negative being when installed it does not fully but-up against the tank as snug as the stock front seat and there is a small gap. Can't see any way to adjust this but guess it's because it's a one piece unit. No big deal.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Can't remember a gap.  I sold mine to a mate who's on tour with me in 3 weeks time.  I'll have a look and let you know.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

There was no gap on mine,  can you post a pic so we can have a look?
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

RTman10 wrote: Can't remember a gap. I sold mine to a mate who's on tour with me in 3 weeks time. I'll have a look and let you know.
Thanks, when I say gap I mean this?
Attachments
image.jpeg
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's normal.  If the seat was hard up against tank it would scuff.  There are quite a few shown in Google Images, they all look just like yours. 
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

RTman10 wrote: That's normal.  If the seat was hard up against tank it would scuff.  There are quite a few shown in Google Images, they all look just like yours.
Agreed
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

RTman10 wrote: That's normal. If the seat was hard up against tank it would scuff. There are quite a few shown in Google Images, they all look just like yours.
My OCD strikes again! Thanks for the clarification 👍